2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good performance. Most importantly it was a world away from last season when he would pass and then stand still, not offering himself as an option to be passed to. He took responsibility and worked for the team. Wasn’t world class but if he does that consistently he merits his place in the squad.

Fair points. When I was watching the game, I was still thinking he is the player we need to improve upon, get somebody better.
Being a steady-Eddy was never the reason he was bought in the first place. We could have got one of those a bit cheaper!
James Mc has displaced him very briefly last year until breaking his leg.

Morgan has a lot of damage to repair and one game will not buy the fans back....but you gotta start somewhere!

He did show more today. He's just not great. It also makes it worse because Gana feels mire pressure to move up the pitch. Gomes will be like night and day, but it'll take him time to get up to speed.

Fair points. When I was watching the game, I was still thinking he is the player we need to improve upon, get somebody better.
Being a steady-Eddy was never the reason he was bought in the first place. We could have got one of those a bit cheaper!
James Mc has displaced him very briefly last year until breaking his leg.

Morgan has a lot of damage to repair and one game will not buy the fans back....but you gotta start somewhere!

His ball winning ability is abysmal for a defensive midfielder. Closing down like a center forward. His skill set is a mismatch playing in that position. His only saving grace is good ball retention and mainly because he is a timid player refusing to take risk and making the most simple of passes. As long as he keep playing in such a withdraw way, there’s no role for him in this team.

He was ok, definitely better than last season. However, went missing for most parts the game. Hopefully Gomes takes his spot when fit.

His ball winning ability is abysmal for a defensive midfielder. Closing down like a center forward. His skill set is a mismatch playing in that position. His only saving grace is good ball retention and mainly because he is a timid player refusing to take risk and making the most simple of passes. As long as he keep playing in such a withdraw way, there’s no role for him in this team.
Agreed, but he's there out if necessity. Had Davies shown better he wouldn't be in there as he's more of the box to box we need. Gomes will be in there soon enough.

He just isn't the player we thought we were signing. I agree he did okay today but we all thought we were getting more than that, someone who could dictate and control a game.

His distribution and ability on the ball just isn't good enough for the role he's in and I hope it is a priority to replace him soon. Cazorla before the injury is exactly the type of player we need to be after. I know that's asking a lot but that's the difference between where we are and where we want to be.
Couldn’t agree more, happy with our defensive reinforcements and naturally Bernard and Richarlison is a serious upgrade in our attacking options from last season. However we aren’t seriously going to challenge the top 6 with Gana and Schnerderlin at the heart of our midfield. I’ve said in another thread over the next 2 windows Brands/Silva are going to look to upgrade this area as they have done other areas of the team. Although Tosun was praised last weekend by Silva I’m not sure whether he sees him long term as the answer to be our main striker. He could easily play Richarlison more central with either of the following:
Lookman Richarlison Walcott
Bernard
Or
Bernard Richarlison Walcott

Everyone slags him off and then sings ganas praises. I just don't get it. I don't see gana or him as goal scoring midfielders . There both work horses but one gets told he is [Poor language removed] the other is amazing.

That’s because one of the Work horses actually works hard and the other doesn’t so gana is a work horse and Morgan is just a horse. I dislike him nearly as much as mirrallas

His form picked up a little towards the end of last season and he wasn’t too bad yesterday, however you can see that he is a glaring weakness in the side as he can’t pick a forward pass and when he does he’ll do it a couple seconds too late.

From what I’ve seen of Andre Gomes I wouldn’t be scared to just have Gueye dropping deep to do what he does best and have Andre Gomes in front to get the ball moving forward. At the moment he’d probably get paired with Sigurdsson in the midfield 3 but I’d be wanting to see Gylfi making an improvement in the new system or I’d personally drop him as he rarely offers us anything from open play.

His form picked up a little towards the end of last season and he wasn’t too bad yesterday, however you can see that he is a glaring weakness in the side as he can’t pick a forward pass and when he does he’ll do it a couple seconds too late.

From what I’ve seen of Andre Gomes I wouldn’t be scared to just have Gueye dropping deep to do what he does best and have Andre Gomes in front to get the ball moving forward. At the moment he’d probably get paired with Sigurdsson in the midfield 3 but I’d be wanting to see Gylfi making an improvement in the new system or I’d personally drop him as he rarely offers us anything from open play.
I think that's EXACTLY why they got him. Morgan will either be sold in January with Beni as the Gana backup, or they'll sell McCarthy.

Good performance. Most importantly it was a world away from last season when he would pass and then stand still, not offering himself as an option to be passed to. He took responsibility and worked for the team. Wasn’t world class but if he does that consistently he merits his place in the squad.

I think the penny dropped with him at the back end of last season, that nobody is cuing up to buy him for a decent fee (and wages) from France and he could very quickly end up in Everton's reserves. Whether the turnaround will be enough to save his Everton career remains to be seen. I suspect he might go at the end of the window to France for a reasonable fee.

All the time he stays though he has my support and hopefully he keeps his form up.

Status
Not open for further replies.