More than 29,300 season tickets renewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there's 15k and counting on the ST waiting list apparently.

We don't have the worldwide support and the global tourism that RS pull in. But we have fans all around Britain and Ireland. Any time I get the plane on morning of game, usually from belfast but occasionally Dublin, most folk on it are going to the match. We pick up a fair lot of daytrip people which is underestimated.

I spend too much money annually going over to see them flying frim cork. Fair few go for the bigger matches. I bring the young ones now as well. Sometimes i try to pick matches they have decent shot of winning to keep them happy (young lad get worse than i do if they lose. He is 7. ) so the numbers arent the same flying over those weekends.

All a bunch of happy clappers who have the club they deserve. Same lot who said "let's make our feelings known vs Newcastle" then proceeded to go and sit in pure silence.

All a bunch of happy clappers who have the club they deserve. Same lot who said "let's make our feelings known vs Newcastle" then proceeded to go and sit in pure silence.

I have a suspicion but can't prove it that many of the "same lot who said "lets make our feelings known vs Newcastle" were not going to the match anyway; in other words "armchair warriors". The rest of your comment was an insult to the fans who went to the game.

To me, the club from top to bottom is happy with mediocrity right now. There's no intent to actually push for success. Instead, there's an attitude of 'do the bare minimum and if we get lucky then that's a happy side effect of things.'

But actually pushing on and intending to win is not part of the remit. Just stay in the league every year and collect the Sky money to protect the boards investment.

It was that way with Moyes for his last five or six years here too, but it's overwhelmingly obvious under Allardyce. Martinez and Koeman, for all their faults, tried to win and expand the club. The Count of Monte Bisto does the exact opposite; stifle games, get over the finish line, protect my own ego and reputation, don't take risks.

So that's what I mean by the last bit - I can take an Everton side trying to do well and failing. I can't take an Everton side not even trying to do well but actively aiming at achieving the bare minimum to survive. Or to be blunt, I'd rather see an Everton side aim to win the league and finish 17th than one aim to finish 10th and 'win' at doing so.
That's what's annoying with all the sky sport, Talk sport so called experts, they think one place higher next season is all we can reach so why change the manager, what is the point if none of them can see pass the top six. I would be surprised if we could hit op six with a new manager next season with all the changes needed but I want a manager who would at least give it ago.

Everton are now asking fans who are interested in a ticket for the 19/20 season (season after next) to register their interest as they reckon that they will be sold out soon enough for 18/19

Who says tourists want to go and watch a bang average team ? Most of the tourists who are into football would be there to watch one team, and it’s not Everton.

The only way we’d fill 60,000 every week is if the seats were free.

20 years of Kenwright and Moyes and mediocrity have done this to you mate.

Doesn’t surprise me....despite the obvious frustration Everton is still a very well supported club and the fans are loyal enough to put up with year on year of pain.
Sadly I live too far away to have a season ticket but if I was closer then I’d want one. And regret it each week. And renew each season.
There must be a joke there. What do you call 29,300 masochists.....
Lozers?

Status
Not open for further replies.