2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
…really? Kean is nowhere near as good as a sulking Richarlison. Indeed, there’s an argument that Simms might have been more effective than Kean, he certainly couldn’t have been any worst.

Absolutely. Richarlison absolutely stunk the place out at times last season, I'm convinced Kean would've been a better option in some of those games.

Absolutely. Richarlison absolutely stunk the place out at times last season, I'm convinced Kean would've been a better option in some of those games.

….I think posters forget how bad Kean was for us, it happens when a player goes missing for a period.

I’d always start Richarlison, even when he’s playing poorly he has a habit of making things happen (Arsenal away). I don’t entirely disagree, he could’ve been hooked on occasion but Broadhead could be as good an option as Kean next season (it’s a very low bar).

….I think posters forget how bad Kean was for us, it happens when a player goes missing for a period.

I’d always start Richarlison, even when he’s playing poorly he has a habit of making things happen (Arsenal away). I don’t entirely disagree, he could’ve been hooked on occasion but Broadhead could be as good an option as Kean next season (it’s a very low bar).
Everything I’ve seen from Kean tells me he is not made for this league. He is a striker that likes to stay with the last man (which is fine elsewhere) but that won’t fit it here. This league is too competitive and athletic for Everton FC to get away with multiple players that don’t get stuck in.

What attitude does Kean have? He doesn't have one as far as I can see? He seems a perfectly down to earth young lad.

The frown stuff is ridiculous, that's just what he looks like.

Balotelli was in a car crash within days of signing for City, threw darts at youth players and did all manner of weird things on a consistent basis, he was constantly in the news and is totally gimmick driven. Kean has done none of this, the only mark he has against his name was having a party during Covid which was stupid but he was not the only one who did that.

The only correlation I can see between them is that they are both strikers who happen to be Italian.

I personaly think mancini dropping him from the italian squad says a lot. Mancini is all about squad and team spirit. I thought immobile was crap for italy but he ran his socks off and played for the bigger picture, the team.
Not convinced mancini saw that from kean.

I personaly think mancini dropping him from the italian squad says a lot. Mancini is all about squad and team spirit. I thought immobile was crap for italy but he ran his socks off and played for the bigger picture, the team.
Not convinced mancini saw that from kean.
I think it was purely because Mancini picked the best squad available to him. And it worked to be fair.

Kean is nowhere near the finished article. Nor should he be at this stage in his career.

'The mountain looks greater to the climber on the plain' - Kahlil Gibran
Broadhead efinitely looked more enthusiastic and more effective the other night

He look to have improved and is still only young. Get him wanting to stay and he’s worth a shot if we can find a system to play him … remember Lukaku and how much he improved !

He look to have improved and is still only young. Get him wanting to stay and he’s worth a shot if we can find a system to play him … remember Lukaku and how much he improved !
Lukaku had been banging them in for west brom before we got him on loan. In a weaker team in a stronger league than PSG. Granted he did continue to improve but he was way ahead of kean on current evidence

Lukaku had been banging them in for west brom before we got him on loan. In a weaker team in a stronger league than PSG. Granted he did continue to improve but he was way ahead of kean on current evidence

Lukaku had played about 100 games for Anderlecht...perhaps 15 for Chelsea and a season for WBA before he came. So over 150 games.

Kean had about 20 each for Juventus and Verona.

I think after the season with us and then another with PSG puts him where Lukaku was when we signed him.

If he stays and is used as a 'fox in the box' type like Jeffers and can play alongside DCL in a 2 he'll do really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.