2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku had played about 100 games for Anderlecht...perhaps 15 for Chelsea and a season for WBA before he came. So over 150 games.

Kean had about 20 each for Juventus and Verona.

I think after the season with us and then another with PSG puts him where Lukaku was when we signed him.

If he stays and is used as a 'fox in the box' type like Jeffers and can play alongside DCL in a 2 he'll do really well.

….I’d be more comparing Kean with Simms and Broadhead than Lukaku. If we can’t get rid, I think that’s where his competition will be. Employing him as a ‘fox in the box’ is almost like playing with 10 men.

From what I’ve seen, Kean’s not even a good finisher he just hit‘s everything with pace. If he gets the ball on the edge of the box he shifts it to his right and blasts it. No finesse. I really don’t get how he can be compared to Lukaku, but I’d be genuinely delighted to be proved wrong.

….I’d be more comparing Kean with Simms and Broadhead than Lukaku. If we can’t get rid, I think that’s where his competition will be. Employing him as a ‘fox in the box’ is almost like playing with 10 men.

From what I’ve seen, Kean’s not even a good finisher he just hit‘s everything with pace. If he gets the ball on the edge of the box he shifts it to his right and blasts it. No finesse. I really don’t get how he can be compared to Lukaku, but I’d be genuinely delighted to be proved wrong.

How is playing a penalty box finisher "almost like playing with ten men" ?

Surely it depends on how you set the team up and it has the advantage of occupying two centre backs along with them needing to play deeper...creating more space for other players.

Also lost on the broadhead and Simms comparison...neither player has shown anything to suggest they would be able to break through into Evertons first team...while Kean has already done so at Juventus and for Italy plus did well for PSG.

For you to make such comparisons shows me that the management of such a player at the club hasnt been effective.

How is playing a penalty box finisher "almost like playing with ten men" ?

Surely it depends on how you set the team up and it has the advantage of occupying two centre backs along with them needing to play deeper...creating more space for other players.

Also lost on the broadhead and Simms comparison...neither player has shown anything to suggest they would be able to break through into Evertons first team...while Kean has already done so at Juventus and for Italy plus did well for PSG.

For you to make such comparisons shows me that the management of such a player at the club hasnt been effective.

….it’s about what your team does with the ball and without the ball. You can’t carry passengers. We know from watching Kean, he offers nothing when the opposition has the ball. Ferguson even substituted him soon after bringing him on, Ancelotti rarely trusted him even off the bench.

in possession, he’s not offering anything with his back to goal, he’s just coming alive in the box where he’s very hit and miss. As I say, he’d be a passenger for most of the game and I’m not even sure he’s an effective poacher.

I’m judging him on what I’ve seen of him at Everton & I put him in the same category as Broadhead & Simms.

Be interesting what the club does with him - if PSG or an Italiano side came in with a £30 million offer I previously would have said no but think the club need to take anything in that region and reinvest in 1-2 good players.

Replace with someone cheap like Edouard and the remaining dough bring in Dumfries at RB.

I think the problem with Kean is that he left his boyhood club to come to a mediocre and badly managed team in the premier league with which he has no affinity. I think he simply doesn't want to be at Everton. I do think there's a very good player in there though as he proved at PSG.

I think the problem with Kean is that he left his boyhood club to come to a mediocre and badly managed team in the premier league with which he has no affinity. I think he simply doesn't want to be at Everton. I do think there's a very good player in there though as he proved at PSG.
At PSG Kean was playing with Neymar and Mbappe and so far PSG have hardly rushed to sign him up , nor has anybody else as far as I am aware.

I actually think he will be with us next season as we won't loan and they won't buy.
BTW he had CA as manager for six months and didn't seem to impress him either.

At PSG Kean was playing with Neymar and Mbappe and so far PSG have hardly rushed to sign him up , nor has anybody else as far as I am aware.

I actually think he will be with us next season as we won't loan and they won't buy.

Too be fair Carlo hardly impressed either.

I don't think you can give all the credit to Neymar and Mbappe. He did well there. PSG fans rate him.

I don't think you can give all the credit to Neymar and Mbappe. He did well there. PSG fans rate him.

Think he's a good player in a less physical league like France/Germany or a less fast paced league like Italy.

Its why im shocked someone like Nice/AC Milan/Napoli etc haven't been sniffing around as think he would get 10-15 a season in those leagues and is a good age.

I just dont think he can play the one up top role in England hasn't the work rate or phsyical attributes to hold his own.

….it’s about what your team does with the ball and without the ball. You can’t carry passengers. We know from watching Kean, he offers nothing when the opposition has the ball. Ferguson even substituted him soon after bringing him on, Ancelotti rarely trusted him even off the bench.

in possession, he’s not offering anything with his back to goal, he’s just coming alive in the box where he’s very hit and miss. As I say, he’d be a passenger for most of the game and I’m not even sure he’s an effective poacher.

I’m judging him on what I’ve seen of him at Everton & I put him in the same category as Broadhead & Simms.

Yet Juventus and PSG fans really rate Kean.

I think putting a player who scores when he starts in and out of the team isnt a good move...older now, more experience and should start.

Whether here or elsewhere.

Be interesting what the club does with him - if PSG or an Italiano side came in with a £30 million offer I previously would have said no but think the club need to take anything in that region and reinvest in 1-2 good players.

Replace with someone cheap like Edouard and the remaining dough bring in Dumfries at RB.

Id rather keep him than flush money down the drain.

Think he's a good player in a less physical league like France/Germany or a less fast paced league like Italy.

Its why im shocked someone like Nice/AC Milan/Napoli etc haven't been sniffing around as think he would get 10-15 a season in those leagues and is a good age.

I just dont think he can play the one up top role in England hasn't the work rate or phsyical attributes to hold his own.

He was used for us up top alone or wide right...hed done fine out wide in Italy but definitely not the type of player to suit that role in the premier league.

Was obvious that he needed to play up top in a 2 after a couple of months.

Instead we misused him and dropped him whenever he had a decent cameo.

He was used for us up top alone or wide right...hed done fine out wide in Italy but definitely not the type of player to suit that role in the premier league.

Agree mate but if we aint playing with 2 up top going forward there is little point keeping him lets be honest if anyone makes an acceptable offer he'll be off.

Or in a 3 where he has world class players supplying...

There is a place for him here but whether he can lead the line and be strong outside of the box I am not so sure. I'd have plenty of faith of him scoring enough if given chances. Just not sure he can make those chances himself often enough.

The wholf ox in the box thing though, DCL has been that last season, only scoring close range within 12 yards. It can work. the difference is you need that fox to work his socks off and ensure he provides something else outside the box, if he's not great technically thats okay but ask what else can he bring outside the box/general play? DCL uses his stengths of his work rate and size to be a constant pain for defenders, he isn't a brillianlty technical footballer but earned his goals through determination and ensuring he worked hard enough to be there.

Would kean do that? From what we have seen so far, he would not. So unless he's banging them in, I can see wher ethe whole 'playing with 10 men' thing comes in.

Yet Juventus and PSG fans really rate Kean.

I think putting a player who scores when he starts in and out of the team isnt a good move...older now, more experience and should start.

Whether here or elsewhere.

…I can’t see how Kean starts in an Everton shirt, indeed I don’t see how he comes near to starting based on what I’ve seen of him. I’d genuinely love to be proven wrong but I haven’t seen anything which gives me hope.

Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.