2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not been managed great by successive managers, I remember a few performances by DCL under Silva been underwhelming, particularly away from home and Kean wasn’t trusted enough and wasn’t given enough time to adapt and settle in the team. If successive managers dont have faith in you then it will have an impact on your confidence. He should have scored on Sunday but I’m not reading too much into pre season. Let’s see how things pan out when the 1st ball is kicked on the 14th.

He seems completely unremarkable, until you see his finishing. Often when he hits the ball, the keeper aint getting anywhere near it.

It's probably because he was a kid when we signed him who could not get any real game time because DCL was on fire and we were never good enough to be comfortable in a game to give him a proper run out.

Age is not everything of course but people do seem to forget how young he is. He has not long turned 21.
DCL and Tosun were still taking turns getting dropped for each other when Kean came in.

Not if he's playing 2nd fiddle to Dom he doesn't. We'd need to go 2 up top or play Kean RW if he's gonna have those kinds of returns.

….from what I remember, he was a liability when played on the right. Gordon got more game time, which says lots about how much Kean was trusted.

He’s been totally ineffective in an Everton shirt, I see no reason why he’d be starting over any of the frontline players.

He seems completely unremarkable, until you see his finishing. Often when he hits the ball, the keeper aint getting anywhere near it.
His runs and movement are good. He is physically very strong for his age. He gets chances. Finishing has been off for everton.his touch is poor in the mould of lukaku but lukaku was able to get his finishing right early on in his career.

….from what I remember, he was a liability when played on the right. Gordon got more game time, which says lots about how much Kean was trusted.

He’s been totally ineffective in an Everton shirt, I see no reason why he’d be starting over any of the frontline players.
The problem is he seems to think he should be by sulking about it rather than proving it.

millions were knocked off his value with that missed header the other night ... it was harder to miss than score FGS -
The good thing about that missed header is that even if Benitez plays Digne a little deeper he can still put one hell of a cross in. That was a goal were it DCL surely

Think Kean would thrive in a 4-4-2 system partnering with DCL upfront but hardly any team plays that system any more. The kid wants to be main striker but as long as DCL is at the club he will be main man. And I think he knows this, hence the sulky attitude. Not excusing it though. He needs to get his act together

….posters continually make excuses about him; he gets no game time, he’s homesick, we don’t play to his strengths, he plays in the wrong position, he plays in the wrong system, he’s only young etc.

Ultimately he’s just been very ordinary.
Very true! I'd love it if we got close to 40mil for him to reinvest. Would still prefer he stayed over a loan because we need bodies and he may yet suprise us but that would suprise me

Status
Not open for further replies.