2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be a good player for us if given a proper run. It's weird that people keep trying to convince themselves otherwise.

...I think it’s weird that people want to select players who do not perform in the hope they turn their fortunes around. Players have to earn game time.

If we give all of our fringe players ‘a run’ even when they were offering nothing we wouldn’t win many games and supporters would be the first to complain.

...I think it’s weird that people want to select players who do not perform in the hope they turn their fortunes around. Players have to earn game time.

If we give all of our fringe players ‘a run’ even when they were offering nothing we wouldn’t win many games and supporters would be the first to complain.
I'm not saying we should have played him more.

He is a good player but I just don't think he's cut out for the Premier League. He doesn't start in front of DCL and Richarlison best position is either a striker in a 2 so if we go 2 up top he partbers DCL or Left of a 3 so then Kean would have to play in the right and I don't think he'll work hard enough as RF and LF are required to track back particularly if James is in the midfield 3.

For me the most worrying thing about Moise Kean seems to be his attitude.
He came to England from Italy and I remember saying around the time of his transfer that it could be after Christmas before we saw him in the first team. There would be nothing unusual given the change of league, country and language.

Certainly we saw very little from him initially to suggest he should be in the team , lights started flashing for me when Duncan brought him on and then took him off again in the same half. That was not because he was playing badly but because he wasn't trying or not following instructions.

But, his attitude at the start of this season leading up to his loan deal was , I thought, shocking.
Players get picked based on what they do every day at training and CA didn't pick him any more than Marco Silva or Duncan.
I am not sure he is the type to fight for his place but possibly more likely to sulk if he doesn't get on the team.

Can you imagine CA dealing with that ?

Let’s face it Tosun would score goals for PSG with the quality in that team. We all wanted Kean (as we do all players) to do well. Bar a decent appearance against Newcastle at home, he didn’t show anything in his other cameos on the pitch, to suggest he should be starting. With his power and pace he possesses, he should have made more of an impact against tiring defences. In time if he comes back to us, his time at PSG, will hopefully have ironed out some flaws in his game and we will benefit from that. But let’s not kid ourselves, his form and training under the watchful eye of Carlo deemed him to worthy to be sent out of loan. Who are we to argue with Carlo’s knowledge of a player.

Most likely thing that will happen is we will make out to keep him, end up on a compromise selling him to PSG for somewhere around 45-50 mil.
Hope he does well and he would definitely be a sound striker to have on the bench or to rotate but don’t think he will settle to being on our bench, and I’d rather have DCL and Richarlison up front with us using his funds to buy a right back and right winger.

We don’t really have much of a clue what his attitude is like 99% of the time, there will be so much behind closed doors and bear in mind he was a striker coming to a new country where he didn’t speak English and then a global pandemic hit 6/7 months in.

I can imagine now and after his stint at PSG he will think he is bigger than Everton. That french league must be an utter joke of a league by the way.

Most likely thing that will happen is we will make out to keep him, end up on a compromise selling him to PSG for somewhere around 45-50 mil.
Hope he does well and he would definitely be a sound striker to have on the bench or to rotate but don’t think he will settle to being on our bench, and I’d rather have DCL and Richarlison up front with us using his funds to buy a right back and right winger.

We don’t really have much of a clue what his attitude is like 99% of the time, there will be so much behind closed doors and bear in mind he was a striker coming to a new country where he didn’t speak English and then a global pandemic hit 6/7 months in.
I can’t see him going for that much. I’m sure there are better options for that sort of money. Half of this thread is calling the French league a farmers league and Tosun would tear it up.

I’ve seen reports today saying we’d sell him for £26m which seems too low, but getting our money back (30m) and having received a loan fee while PSG pick up his wages already means we’ve turned a tidy profit.

He was unhappy here and looked it he is happy in France and looks it
MrD the French league is crap few good sides the rest are not even championship level

Reactions: MrD
All I remember of him in a blue shirt is slouching around the pitch with a titty lip on him! Get what we can good luck to him.

Reactions: MrD
The mental gymnastics are coming out again:
"clearly has bad attitude"
"thinks he's bigger than us"
"anyone can score in that PSG team"
"french league is terrible"

Our fans really love discrediting anything good about young Everton players.

Kean has all the ability in the world, but not sure he has the application to make the most of it. At the very least, he didn’t show it here. Could see him going the way of a Balotelli and never reaching the heights he is capable of.

To be fair, he is very young and his attitude could improve as he matures. That might be part of what we are seeing now at PSG - in addition to the clear benefit of playing alongside world beaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.