2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched him for 1st half and a bit of the second v the mustard men. He wasn’t great. I do appreciate that he’s scoring goals and good luck to him. It’s strange the way we handled him after bringing him in and it would be a shame if went on to be a goal machine!!

As it stands I def think we should cash in and focus resources elsewhere.

Ancelotti mentions using Richarlison and DCL together as theyre 'dangerous'.

If we do well with 2 up top then Kean ideally comes back...we'll look very strong there.

Kean won't be coming back wether we play 2 up top or not. He's scoring regularly for a Champions League team.

I doubt he'd come back if we promised to play him.

Kean won't be coming back wether we play 2 up top or not. He's scoring regularly for a Champions League team.

I doubt he'd come back if we promised to play him.

He may want to stay in Paris...he may want to move to Moscow...

Or, he may want to play in the premier league...

He may want to stay in Paris...he may want to move to Moscow...

Or, he may want to play in the premier league...

He's shown he is good enough to play for a Champs League team.

Why is he going to come back to sit on the bench for a team that may not even be in Europe?

You're delusional if you really think he will come back.

Watched him for 1st half and a bit of the second v the mustard men. He wasn’t great. I do appreciate that he’s scoring goals and good luck to him. It’s strange the way we handled him after bringing him in and it would be a shame if went on to be a goal machine!!

As it stands I def think we should cash in and focus resources elsewhere.

After DCL progress I think it’s highly likely the lad could go on to become a scoring machine. There’s obviously a reason he’s come through one of Italy’s best clubs academy and a reason Brands wanted him and why PSG wanted him on loan. He’s talented. It’s not unusual for players to struggle get to grips with other leagues especially those who have come from Serie A. If the rumours are true about Carlo still wanting to keep him next season then that says it all. However I do think the lad doesn’t want to be here. I think the way he struggled to adapt and the way we handled him hasn’t helped at all. Who knows though, maybe if we get into Europe and Carlo has a proper chat with him and puts his arm around him and sells him his vision for him he may stick around.

Why is he going to come back to sit on the bench for a team that may not even be in Europe?

In that case, maybe he goes to Rangers...

Can anyone say how his general play is for PSG, or are we all just seeing that he's netting one of the many chances he gets a game in a team which is head and shoulders better than every other team in that League? And he scored against a Ronald Koeman team - join the queue...

Can anyone say how his general play is for PSG, or are we all just seeing that he's netting one of the many chances he gets a game in a team which is head and shoulders better than every other team in that League? And he scored against a Ronald Koeman team - join the queue...

Hes doing what DCL does currently for us. Getting himself into the box and making the most of what service he gets. I don’t think his general player differs currently to DCLs this season, obviously DCL has more physical attributes and can hold the ball up well and is a lot better with his heading but I don’t think for the last 5 months or so we’ve seen that from him due to the way we’ve played.

Obviously we can call the Ligue 1 league a farmers league but I’m pretty sure if Kean was here and getting himself into the same positions DCL was and getting the same current service he is he’d be banging them in too.

Ellis Simms would also have a dozen goals by now if playing in the French league and was surrounded by mBappe and Neymar.

I don't want to be critical of Kean but we must remember he is playing in a second tier league and is playing with two of the best forwards on the planet.

I agree that he won't come back.
I don't agree that we will make a huge profit on him, I think a modest profit is more likely.... football managers can see for themselves the situation at PSG just as well as we can..

I don't like his attitude and think we would be better off selling and moving on.

Ancelotti mentions using Richarlison and DCL together as theyre 'dangerous'.

If we do well with 2 up top then Kean ideally comes back...we'll look very strong there.

The problem is that Raiola won't bring him back to sit, and isn't above unsettling the player to force a move.

SAF was right about Raiola - his players generally aren't worth dealing with, because you have to deal with him. I would sell, as the only good thing about dealing with him is on the back end where he'll drive the fee up.

Of his current stable, only Haaland and Donnarumma are likely worth the headache, and he won't bring either here.

Ellis Simms would also have a dozen goals by now if playing in the French league and was surrounded by mBappe and Neymar.

I don't want to be critical of Kean but we must remember he is playing in a second tier league and is playing with two of the best forwards on the planet.

I agree that he won't come back.
I don't agree that we will make a huge profit on him, I think a modest profit is more likely.... football managers can see for themselves the situation at PSG just as well as we can..

I don't like his attitude and think we would be better off selling and moving on.
no.

The problem is that Raiola won't bring him back to sit, and isn't above unsettling the player to force a move.

SAF was right about Raiola - his players generally aren't worth dealing with, because you have to deal with him. I would sell, as the only good thing about dealing with him is on the back end where he'll drive the fee up.

Of his current stable, only Haaland and Donnarumma are likely worth the headache, and he won't bring either here.
Problem is that i don't think people realise just quite how much influence he has on football. Even if you are not directly dealing with Raiola himself there is a good chance these days it will be through one of the many subsidiary companies that he is involved with. Him and Mendes are just a law unto themselves tbh.

Hes doing what DCL does currently for us. Getting himself into the box and making the most of what service he gets. I don’t think his general player differs currently to DCLs this season, obviously DCL has more physical attributes and can hold the ball up well and is a lot better with his heading but I don’t think for the last 5 months or so we’ve seen that from him due to the way we’ve played.

Obviously we can call the Ligue 1 league a farmers league but I’m pretty sure if Kean was here and getting himself into the same positions DCL was and getting the same current service he is he’d be banging them in too.
I watched some of the Barca game and I'd say he played RF from what I could make out... definitely more of a forward than a ball carrier though. He's only a kid, but he does have elements of sulk in him (conclusions I came to from his time with us) which I'll be honest isn't a trait I'm fond of. I don't think his future lies with us, which is a shame as I was very impressed with his purchase... but this loan has been a masterstroke in inflating his price.

Status
Not open for further replies.