2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mental gymnastics are coming out again:
"clearly has bad attitude"
"thinks he's bigger than us"
"anyone can score in that PSG team"
"french league is terrible"

Our fans really love discrediting anything good about young Everton players.

In your opinion, what is the reason for Kean not getting a good run under either Marco Silva or Carlo? Do you lay the blame at the feet of the managers?

Better yet, what do you make of Big Dunc hooking Kean after coming on as a second half substitute? From an outsider (i.e. supporter’s) perspective, do you think that raises any flags about his attitude or motivation during his time here?

In your opinion, what is the reason for Kean not getting a good run under either Marco Silva or Carlo? Do you lay the blame at the feet of the managers?

Better yet, what do you make of Big Dunc hooking Kean after coming on as a second half substitute? From an outsider (i.e. supporter’s) perspective, do you think that raises any flags about his attitude or motivation during his time here?

I guess the answer is "He's boss and the club failed him"

I can’t see him going for that much. I’m sure there are better options for that sort of money. Half of this thread is calling the French league a farmers league and Tosun would tear it up.

I’ve seen reports today saying we’d sell him for £26m which seems too low, but getting our money back (30m) and having received a loan fee while PSG pick up his wages already means we’ve turned a tidy profit.
Yeah I originally thought around 30, I just look at some of the amounts other teams spend on mediocre players (Haller, Felipe Anderson, Joelinton, Brewster, Pepe) and think we should be looking at around that figure, I pretty much expect his sale to fund our new right back essentially.

Would defo have snatched 30 mil back for him this time last year, just wasn’t the right fit for us or him at the time

Both DCL and Richarlison have been undroppable since he arrived. Its not rocket science. Them being better does not mean Kean is bad.
You say about him getting an extended run, he's finally got that at PSG and people are still looking for stupid reasons to maintain their 'he's crap' verdict.

As for Big Dunc, the man who has 16 days of experience in the manager/head coach role, it says more about Dunc than it does about Kean. Would Ancelotti ever sub off a young player like that? But it doesn't matter because none of us know Kean in training and it is wrong to make assumptions about his attitude and application in an attempt to justify poor criticisms.

Both DCL and Richarlison have been undroppable since he arrived. Its not rocket science. Them being better does not mean Kean is bad.
You say about him getting an extended run, he's finally got that at PSG and people are still looking for stupid reasons to maintain their 'he's crap' verdict.

As for Big Dunc, the man who has 16 days of experience in the manager/head coach role, it says more about Dunc than it does about Kean. Would Ancelotti ever sub off a young player like that? But it doesn't matter because none of us know Kean in training and it is wrong to make assumptions about his attitude and application in an attempt to justify poor criticisms.
I heard he took the same locker as Lookman.

Make of THAT what you will.

I guess the answer is "He's boss and the club failed him"

He was very poor last fall and winter, and particularly so in the game where Dunc hooked him after being invisible. I agreed with that fron a footballing perspective, but not as good man management.

It's very hard to separate out the cause, but my guess would be that he just didn't like it in Liverpool and didn't train to potential while here. It's probably not a coincidence that his summer training regimen, which he publicized, coincided with a return to form. Recent results almost certainly are helped by who he's playing with, and against.

He might be the one who got away in a few years time but I would definitely sell. Look at the team spirit we have. I don't think he bought into Everton which is a shame. He had chances but didn't really take them. He was young and DCL is an example of what happens if you have patience but I like my players to understand the whole Everton thing and he doesn't seem to.

Status
Not open for further replies.