2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes doing what DCL does currently for us. Getting himself into the box and making the most of what service he gets. I don’t think his general player differs currently to DCLs this season, obviously DCL has more physical attributes and can hold the ball up well and is a lot better with his heading but I don’t think for the last 5 months or so we’ve seen that from him due to the way we’ve played.

Obviously we can call the Ligue 1 league a farmers league but I’m pretty sure if Kean was here and getting himself into the same positions DCL was and getting the same current service he is he’d be banging them in too.

Which is where the difference is really.

Kean will have buckets of chances playing for PSG with the quality they have and for the most part the opposition they play each week. Hence his goals.

Here he'd never get a fraction of those chances for us as well as the opposition being more intense and physical.

Therefore it's the other aspects of his game that makes the player here. DCL works harder off the ball, holds it better, better physically, and better in the air.

Kean will have buckets of chances playing for PSG with the quality they have and for the most part the opposition they play each week. Hence his goals.

Here he'd never get a fraction of those chances for us as well as the opposition being more intense and physical.

Therefore it's the other aspects of his game that makes the player here. DCL works harder off the ball, holds it better, better physically, and better in the air.
He would be a good player for us if given a proper run. It's weird that people keep trying to convince themselves otherwise.

Yeah that’s true. If he has a future here he’d have to work on his off the ball duties.

I know Carlo has told DCL to just stay in the box but there’s times where he needs to run the channels and hold the ball up for us which he does well. He’s also good at keeping hold of the ball. There’s no reason why Kean couldn’t work on this under Ancelotti, if he keeps him next season, which is a possibility if rumours are true he wants him to stay.

Either way with Kean it’s win-win for us, if he stays Carlo can get a full season to work with him and improve him, if he goes we get a decent fee and can instantly use the money to improve other areas.

What’s all this ‘He won’t be coming back to play for us’ and ‘his playing for a champions league team’ talk means didly squat as he is still contracted to us.

If the likes of PSG or Juve want him they will have to pay up or he does come back. Whether he is happy with that or not is a different debate but unless someone satisfies Everton with a deal we could accept his playing here next season

I'm not saying he should have. DCL played better. But it is also weird to act like the guy scoring for fun in one of the world's best teams wouldn't do anything if we started him for 10 straight games.

If he stayed longer than 1 season he probably could've got 10 games.

But he hasn't and doesn't want to. Cha-ching on him.

Yeah that’s true. If he has a future here he’d have to work on his off the ball duties.

I know Carlo has told DCL to just stay in the box but there’s times where he needs to run the channels and hold the ball up for us which he does well. He’s also good at keeping hold of the ball. There’s no reason why Kean couldn’t work on this under Ancelotti, if he keeps him next season, which is a possibility if rumours are true he wants him to stay.

Either way with Kean it’s win-win for us, if he stays Carlo can get a full season to work with him and improve him, if he goes we get a decent fee and can instantly use the money to improve other areas.

He could. I've said before, I don't think he wants to put the effort in or wait around for that when he can get a move elsewhere.

He's been here 1 season. Doesn't fancy it. Gets his top agent to get him out.

Simples really.

I like it that we bemoaned for years about not having a striker who can slot easily, now we’re beginning to realise someone has to get the ball to them first.
No point trying to have Kean if you’ve got Gylfi, Bernard and Iwobi as ‘playmakers’ I think Moise arrived too early in the rebuilding of the squad to be honest.

I feel like he's pretty awkward to fit in our team, I'd prefer Dom in a lone striker role and if we play two up front I'd prefer Richy and Dom.
Sell Kean and buy another prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.