2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying he doesn't look happy. I think that's just his persona, he just seems to be trying too hard, wish them headers went in, i honestly think if he got a few coming off the bench and nailed his appearances in the cup things could really take of for him. It would be a shame to give up on him full Italian international, he must have something about him, we just haven't seen it.
I do know that he is often not a smiley happy type and I have no problem with his work rate or effort this evening. He could very easily have gad a hat trick.

But, I just think he looks like a lad who has decided he wants to go home.

I'd love him to come good, unfortunately I just can't see it happening. What I'm beginning to wonder is what they saw in him at juve?

I mean, he isn't very pacey, doesn't look a great finisher, lacks composure, isn't very skillful either. I mean, it doesn't leave very much to play with does it?

I know he's young and wants to impress and his confidence can't be great at the minute , but he's had plenty of minutes now and he hasn't really convinced has he?

I'd love him to come good, unfortunately I just can't see it happening. What I'm beginning to wonder is what they saw in him at juve?

I mean, he isn't very pacey, doesn't look a great finisher, lacks composure, isn't very skillful either. I mean, it doesn't leave very much to play with does it?

I know he's young and wants to impress and his confidence can't be great at the minute , but he's had plenty of minutes now and he hasn't really convinced has he?

Needs a run of games before I judge him

I really want Moise Kean to come good for us and develop into the top striker we thought we were buying. He didn't have the best of games against Salford but, on the plus side, he did have the confidence to take (and score) the penalty. However, I do feel that if a decentish enough offer comes in for the lad, he'll be out the door.

I really want Moise Kean to come good for us and develop into the top striker we thought we were buying. He didn't have the best of games against Salford but, on the plus side, he did have the confidence to take (and score) the penalty. However, I do feel that if a decentish enough offer comes in for the lad, he'll be out the door.

Will be or should be?

I think 'will be'. Personally I want Kean to stay with us, but he needs game time to help him develop an understanding with the rest of the players and build his confidence etc. Obviously Ancelotti knows of what type of forward he wants at the club, and it could be that Moise Kean isn't.
I feel like I might be a bit ignorant here on some of the top level football management stuff, but it seems to me like when you have a top-of-the-heap manager like Ancelotti he probably has an extremely clear picture of exactly the types of players he wants in each role and how each piece works together. There may even be extremely good players who do not fit into that picture. Meanwhile, when you hire a relegated manager who was then sacked a few months into his next job because his side had already started falling off, that person probably does not actually have all that clear of an idea what he's looking at and what he actually needs.
The impact of that might be that when a DoF is looking at potential signings, the one who is not all that great goes "Yeah, sure! He played for ____ and seemed good, so bring him in; I need more players," as opposed to the better one going, "Wait, how does that fit in with how the rest of the side plays? Why not sign ____ instead, or somebody who [insert characteristics]?" That would help explain why even the presumed non-Ancelotti-initiated signings already appear to be doing a lot better than their predecessors from this time last year.

On Kean specifically, I really do think he's going to have multiple 20-25 goals, 5-10 assists type seasons in his career, but it might just not be in the cards for him at Everton. Kind of like how Immobile was completely unproductive at Dortmund, yet extremely productive at both Torino (before) and Lazio (after). Some players just fit better in certain situations.

Poor game and he does have some worrying traits to his game.

But he’s also got good positioning, pace and the ability to hit the ball sweetly, which are all some of the most important characteristics for a striker. He got into positions to hit the post twice tonight and on another day, those go in.

Really hope he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.