2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I noticed is his first touch was really bad especially in the first half which was a negative as nothing going to him stuck.

He missed a few chances but at least he was in a position to miss them which I guess is a positive for him and he was better in the 2nd half.

His touch is a real worry though
Lukaku? worst first touch ever, worked out alright though

Sorry, I misread your initial post then about 25 games (I took that as meaning 25 starts).

Well we never know. Injuries and suspensions happen and so does a loss of form. Systems have to be tweaked through a season for those reasons.

I 100% agree we need another option. But that player really needs to be a wide forward to phase out/get rid of Walcott/maybe Bernard. It shouldn't be a young lad with a lot of potential - albeit extremely inconsistent - who gets punted for it, even on loan.

I'd rather have him on the training pitch with a golden boot winner every day and getting 15-20 starts in all comps this season (easily doable) than going to a side fighting for their lives so he can play a few more minutes.
Fair points. But then he really needs to stand out at training. Be the hardest working player we have. Make it impossible for the manager to not use him more. I could be wrong. But I don't get the impression he is doing that currently enough.

You said if he's not starting the next 5-6 league games then he won't improve. But that's just not the case. Gordon won't start in any of the 5-6 league games if we keep fully fit, but you probably wouldn't say that about him?

He's 20-years-old, of course he has been inconsistent.

Dom starts because, in his three years now of regular football under four different managers, plus Unsworth, he has turned into being a very good leader of the line (if not the world's best finisher). That's taken time. Kean needs the same.

We aren't in a position to loan out our only back up striker and go and spend more big money on someone like Josh King and give him £60k a week. Not when we need - a winger (and a better one than Josh King), a right-back (Kenny dependent) and, urgently, a CB.

One thing Kean hasn’t been is inconsistent

I think Kean has ability, I just don't think he wants to be here. No point keeping a player who's heart isn't in it.

Assuming we can recoup a good fee for him we should let him go unless he has shown to Carlo that he wants to be here.

His body language suggests he wants a move back to Italy, as well as all the rumours in the media, which probably come from his agent.

Fair points. But then he really needs to stand out at training. Be the hardest working player we have. Make it impossible for the manager to not use him more. I could be wrong. But I don't get the impression he is doing that currently enough.

you're probably right

But there's also the fact that you can trust Dom, and Carlo knows that. For all Dom's faults, and there's plenty and he's ironed out loads more in the last few years, you know he's going to do out and do that job if you tell him to.

I just think right now that the best place for him to learn and improve is here, with this manager and these players, and when the starts come he has to take his chances. he's doing that in terms of scoring (even if he should have scored more like today and yes, he needs to play better overall). Maybe the next thing for him is coming on and changing a game for us - or making a real impact as a sub. That then means he's more than just an option for the last 10 minutes etc.

I'm not saying that'll definitely happen. But I don't see the mad rush for it to happen just yet - especially if we can get a player of the ilk of Zaha in who could really add that extra firepower up top.

I get that you disagree on that, so we can leave it there. Don't wanna be arguing, we won! :)

you're probably right

But there's also the fact that you can trust Dom, and Carlo knows that. For all Dom's faults, and there's plenty and he's ironed out loads more in the last few years, you know he's going to do out and do that job if you tell him to.

I just think right now that the best place for him to learn and improve is here, with this manager and these players, and when the starts come he has to take his chances. he's doing that in terms of scoring (even if he should have scored more like today and yes, he needs to play better overall). Maybe the next thing for him is coming on and changing a game for us - or making a real impact as a sub. That then means he's more than just an option for the last 10 minutes etc.

I'm not saying that'll definitely happen. But I don't see the mad rush for it to happen just yet - especially if we can get a player of the ilk of Zaha in who could really add that extra firepower up top.

I get that you disagree on that, so we can leave it there. Don't wanna be arguing, we won! :)
If we got in zaha and then loaned out kean I think it would be a win win !

I think Kean has ability, I just don't think he wants to be here. No point keeping a player who's heart isn't in it.

Assuming we can recoup a good fee for him we should let him go unless he has shown to Carlo that he wants to be here.

His body language suggests he wants a move back to Italy, as well as all the rumours in the media, which probably come from his agent.

I don't think he has anything to write home about ability wise. He's not done anything in glimpses to make you stand up and take notice.

We all laughed at Bournemouth paying £20mill for Solanke based purely on...I don't really know.

Think we've been duped by a couple of tap ins for Juve when Ronaldo was putting it on a plate.

If we played our proper team tonight we would have scored 10 tonight.
I would imagine he may have slotted a couple.

For me, he’s just not looking hungry for it. My opinion only like.

To early I think to write him off But needs to look a bit more interested for me ... one good thing now though is Carlo will make the right call on him ..

I'm just curious why you think his heart isn't in it

Status
Not open for further replies.