2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's still a baby in footballing terms, and hasn't played much competitive football for us at all - we're far too quick to slam young players as a fanbase.

We should be directing our barbs at the senior pro frauds wage theives like sniderlin, Delph, siggy, bolasie etc., Who stroll around, putting in 2/10 performances, with maybe the odd goal, assist or tackle thrown in - that's were our problems lie, not the young players like Moise and Tommy D.

Spot on, couldnt agree more.

You have posters (yourself included) whinging about a player being asked to play as a target man when his game is nothing of the sort.

Doesnt take sherlock holmes to analyse that + thats precisely why hes not looking the part.

Imagine asking Pippo or Simone Inzaghi to play as a target man.

I feel that his physique means hes being labelled as something hes not.

Would you take a young Inzaghi into this squad and play him as a target man?

Clearly not.
Yeah I can't see him every being that kind of player, or even the type imbued with outrageous skill. I do think that with the right type of chances created and a bit more composure and confidence he could be more like a Lineker type striker - poachers goals, bursting into space behind centre backs and getting shots away early etc. Need to work on his movement and when to be aggressive and when to keep it simple and bringing others in to play then get into good positions. He's only young and has the raw characteristics to be that kind of striker. Need good coaching and a good attitude. Hope it works out

Yeah I can't see him every being that kind of player, or even the type imbued with outrageous skill. I do think that with the right type of chances created and a bit more composure and confidence he could be more like a Lineker type striker - poachers goals, bursting into space behind centre backs and getting shots away early etc. Need to work on his movement and when to be aggressive and when to keep it simple and bringing others in to play then get into good positions. He's only young and has the raw characteristics to be that kind of striker. Need good coaching and a good attitude. Hope it works out

Thats exactly how i see him. On the shoulder of the last defender, ball in front of him and BANG.

The Inzaghi brothers + Linekar wouldnt be asked to play as a target man. Not sure why Moise Kean is.

All i can think of is that Ancelotti wants to remould him over a season or two into more of a complete forward.

[/QUOTE
Pity we haven’t seen anything resembling that in an Everton shirt. Just as well we didn’t create a highlights reel of his control last night.
We all want the lad to do well, but 3 managers haven’t started him and last night proved again he’s not up to standard.

That tells everyone all we need to know about your footballing opinions.

Do love this narrative of ’he almost scored 3 goals’. It's like almost matching the numbers on the lottery and claiming to be a millionaire off the back of it.

Yeah, the same as EVERYONE who watched Cole once he joined united. Its no secret lol

The united fans thought he was a flop. Ferguson wanted to improve his all round game and he suffered in the short term.

Again, short memories.

Pity he can’t show the same skill for us. Just as well they didn’t do a highlights reel of last night. We all want the lad to do well, but 3 managers haven’t started him. There must be a reason.

Spot on, couldnt agree more.

You have posters (yourself included) whinging about a player being asked to play as a target man when his game is nothing of the sort.

Doesnt take sherlock holmes to analyse that + thats precisely why hes not looking the part.

Imagine asking Pippo or Simone Inzaghi to play as a target man.

I feel that his physique means hes being labelled as something hes not.

Would you take a young Inzaghi into this squad and play him as a target man?

Clearly not.

Which is fine. But just standing in the box to toey it in, doesn't justify him being a first team player.

Don't think anyone is complaining that he's a poor target man...in fact I don't think he's been played like that because no one is punting balls to him to bring people into play.

His all round play is pretty bog standard to poor. For all the "He could've had a hattrick" last night you have to put it into perspective...Simms would've had chances last night as it was against lower opposition. Could've put Pickford up top and he would've got a chance. Kean didn't take them. Gets to the prem...those chances will be limited so he'll have to rely on himself rather than others to help him score.

I remember when everyone was saying something similar about DCL.

He has just turned 20. Played and scored for both Juve and Italy. He must have something about him.

Was he good enough last night? Absolutely not. But equally, it wasn't till that final flurry that he got any form of decent service and then he could have been sitting on a hatrick. Playing with your back to goal against physical league two defenders is always going to be a challenge.

I was glad he took the penalty. At that point he was still having a very poor game and a missed penalty would have compounded that. Nice to see someone with a desire to play a part. Less could be said about some of our senior pros.

For me Kean is very raw. He will probably score a lot of goals in his career. But he is still very young and parts of his all round game is very poor. His control and positioning are very poor. He hasn't got the ability to be a lone striker. First half he made it very easy for their defenders. Improved second half. Can we afford to wait till he improves. For me it's a NO. If we could get good money for him I'd take it and get an experienced striker in who willl do a good job in the next few years. Got nothing against Kean just think it Will be a long time till he is ready to be a very good striker

Last edited:
Too early to conclude. So far, Kean has not impressed anyone. He has ok strength, speed, and shots, but is technically weak, and has a limited understanding of the game. In many ways a similar player as Lukaku, but less extreme.

He's still a baby in footballing terms, and hasn't played much competitive football for us at all - we're far too quick to slam young players as a fanbase.

We should be directing our barbs at the senior pro frauds wage theives like sniderlin, Delph, siggy, bolasie etc., Who stroll around, putting in 2/10 performances, with maybe the odd goal, assist or tackle thrown in - that's were our problems lie, not the young players like Moise and Tommy D.
Bear in mind Tom Davies is the same age that Gary Stevens, Paul Bracewell and Derek Mountfield were when we win the league in 1985 - and a year older than Trevor Steven. He's also played enough first team games to get to grips with his position. I'm not sure we're gonna see a massive amount of development from him unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.