2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when everyone was saying something similar about DCL.

He has just turned 20. Played and scored for both Juve and Italy. He must have something about him.

Was he good enough last night? Absolutely not. But equally, it wasn't till that final flurry that he got any form of decent service and then he could have been sitting on a hatrick. Playing with your back to goal against physical league two defenders is always going to be a challenge.

I was glad he took the penalty. At that point he was still having a very poor game and a missed penalty would have compounded that. Nice to see someone with a desire to play a part. Less could be said about some of our senior pros.

Its a good comparison mate. DCL was getting torn to shreds even as early as last season under Silva.

Kean was dreadful last night when it came to controlling the ball but his work rate can't be questioned (look at that track back he does on 30 minutes when Salford try to counter).

On the positive side he could have scored 3 last night, moved off his marker twice for a couple of headers and still wanted to take the pen.

That's his first game and he's off the mark goal wise. I'm dire he'll get another 90 against Fleetwood next week and he's got to try and do the same again, make sure Ancelotti knows he can rely upon him when needed for League games.

When the balls at his feet, that's where he has to work on controlling, shielding and laying it off and then moving again.

Its a good comparison mate. DCL was getting torn to shreds even as early as last season under Silva.

Kean was dreadful last night when it came to controlling the ball but his work rate can't be questioned (look at that track back he does on 30 minutes when Salford try to counter).

On the positive side he could have scored 3 last night, moved off his marker twice for a couple of headers and still wanted to take the pen.

That's his first game and he's off the mark goal wise. I'm dire he'll get another 90 against Fleetwood next week and he's got to try and do the same again, make sure Ancelotti knows he can rely upon him when needed for League games.

When the balls at his feet, that's where he has to work on controlling, shielding and laying it off and then moving again.

I doubt he has ever really had to work so much on his shielding and working with a defender right on his back. I'm sure when he has played for Juve he has been afforded much more space. The opposition might have been a tad more worried about the likes of Ronaldo and Dyabala.

Worrying part for me is he should be bossing league 2 defenders and looked lost Instead . Poor first touch and just doesn’t look happy . He is still to young to write of but not sure how much game time he can get . I would guess the Caraboa cup will be his chance to shine and He really needs to show us something . Hard to call what way this will go

Its all about confidence.

Confidence makes players as poor as Danny Simpson and Wes Morgan into Premier League winners.

Its a shame he didn't get a hat trick, poor miss from the first header, good penalty and a good header that he was unlucky to score from. His movement is very hit and miss as is his link play.

He'll do for 2nd or 3rd choice though.

He got better as the game went on. He was very poor in the first half I thought. Didn't look mentally up for the game and wasn't really challenging for any balls forward. But he got better as it went on. Got his goal and should really have had another 2. That was the main concern but it's fine margins when two headers hit the woodwork. On another day he has a hat trick.

Look at DCL now and how far he has come. We have Carlo, absolute quality all over the pitch and he has had his first year in.

He managed his first 90 minutes yesterday If I am not mistaken which shows his match fitness has improved.

I expect him to kick on this season and if he does not not then he will be another player that has struggled with the pace and physicality of the Premier league.

He is 19 and we should all want him to do well and score loads for us and be happy here. Some of the shouts in here are horrendous.

Needs game time....

Needs confidence...

Needs a loan...

Needs to improve...

We need another striker to make competition for places & push DCL...

He improved in the last 15 minutes as the opposition tired, we stretched them and he started getting quality service principally from Gylfi. Would like to see him up top with Richy and James and co feeding balls into him. At least give him a chance with that support as opposed to Walcott et al and we will see if he is up to it.

If he fluffs his lines in that environment, we can make a judgement. But its still to early in my view. Needs more time.

Worrying part for me is he should be bossing league 2 defenders and looked lost Instead

This is not really true though. Its rare that we see experienced Prem strikers 'bossing' lower league defenders in a cup game. They play a different game, a lot more physical, and will keep tight to you. Less space for the striker to exploit etc. Its only when the game opens up that a top level striker will often start showing their quality. .

Status
Not open for further replies.