2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a good comparison mate. DCL was getting torn to shreds even as early as last season under Silva.

Kean was dreadful last night when it came to controlling the ball but his work rate can't be questioned (look at that track back he does on 30 minutes when Salford try to counter).

On the positive side he could have scored 3 last night, moved off his marker twice for a couple of headers and still wanted to take the pen.

That's his first game and he's off the mark goal wise. I'm dire he'll get another 90 against Fleetwood next week and he's got to try and do the same again, make sure Ancelotti knows he can rely upon him when needed for League games.

When the balls at his feet, that's where he has to work on controlling, shielding and laying it off and then moving again.

Spot on.

This is not really true though. Its rare that we see experienced Prem strikers 'bossing' lower league defenders in a cup game. They play a different game, a lot more physical, and will keep tight to you. Less space for the striker to exploit etc. Its only when the game opens up that a top level striker will often start showing their quality. .
Like I said mate not sure what way this will go and ideal scenario is he smashes it and comes good as he is still young and raw . Just need to see more of a player than we have seen so far . But then as another poster says 3 starts 3 goals and we would take that all day long . Need to see more of him but may struggle to get game time Is my worry

He didn't have a great game. But he could of had a hatrick last night. He hit the crossbar and post. He didn't hide, kept trying. As said earlier unti Dunc took over as caretaker, DCL got so much stick here. So I think we could give him time. He is still a kid.

Bear in mind Tom Davies is the same age that Gary Stevens, Paul Bracewell and Derek Mountfield were when we win the league in 1985 - and a year older than Trevor Steven. He's also played enough first team games to get to grips with his position. I'm not sure we're gonna see a massive amount of development from him unfortunately

Understand your point on the 85 lads, but they all came through together, and were all quality players in their own right playing in a proper team that Howie constructed - they didn't have the equivalent of footballing turnips playing alongside them in the side, who were not a team by any stretch, and played like a group of half arsed individuals because that's what they are, as Tom has had in siggy/Morgan/delph/Iwobbly/Walcott etc.

The spurs game was the first time in a long time we have looked like a team, with the lads playing for each other as much as themselves - I think that will help both Moise and Tom.

I hope to see all the younger players imorove just from training with Allan, the Duke and Hamez, never mind playing in the first team with them.

If they dont get better playing with these new lads, and having Carlo as their gaffer, then they might as well Jack it in!

'On another day he'd have got a hat-trick' is the type of thing you say when a keeper makes 3 great saves and you couldn't have done any more. It's not the type of thing you say when a player scores a pen and misses a sitter from 6 yards. Also 'he came alive after the goal' would be great if he'd got the goal after an hour. When the goal was the third in a 3-0 win, in the last few minutes against a league 2 side, it doesn't really mean a lot. I don't think some of the defences of Kean help him, because they're so blinkered you just can't take them seriously.

Like I said mate not sure what way this will go and ideal scenario is he smashes it and comes good as he is still young and raw . Just need to see more of a player than we have seen so far . But then as another poster says 3 starts 3 goals and we would take that all day long . Need to see more of him but may struggle to get game time Is my worry

He's 2nd choice CF in a season where games are coming thick and fast. I reckon he'll see plenty of minutes (if he doesn't get sold or if we don't buy someone).

Personally don't think he is what we need and probably won't suit the system. My fear is we sell him and he comes good somewhere else. If we play 4-3-3 and something happens to DCL I would rather move Richarlison to Striker and put Bernard or Gordon on the wing.

Parts of his game weren’t convincing last night. Amazes me that someone who starts for Italy doesn’t look different class against a league 2 team. Still very very raw. I’m on the fence about him in terms of his performances to date but would love him to come good.

How many times has he even been receiving balls like that? Minimal.

You mean in plenty of space with no one around him? Bit of a wake up call for you, most pro players can do that, they don't tend to do it in games cos it's very rare you get that kind of time and space. Especially as a striker, he needs to be able to control it in tight areas, with defenders around him. He can't. The higher you play the quicker the game is, in body and mind.

It's all very well saying he needs to be played like this and needs to have certain conditions for him to perform, but as a club at this high level he's not going to get that, so if he can only do it, when it acres of space with no one near then perhaps we should just sell up and he can go and find a lower level.

Status
Not open for further replies.