2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Athletic reporting that Everton will not send him out on loan again and that we currently aren't in talks with any clubs over a permanent move.

It is either sale, or reintegrate with the squad.

He is out of Quarantine and free to join the squad at the weekend.

I am not a fan, but just imagine, if we could have him (PSG form), Richarlison and DCL firing along with a new RW and a fit James. Our fortunes could turn quicker than we think...
Yep...Will be first in complete with an apple for his new gaffer

I say bring him back.

Pretend he had not spent the season here that he did (which was something of a cluster...). Would we be pleased to sign a back up striker, who is only 21, who can also play on the wing when needed, who scored 17 goas for PSG last year (including 1 in 2 in the league and 1 in 3 in the champions league for ~25M?

I think we would.

Admittedly he would far rather be in Paris, but that is football and life. We don't always get what we want. We have a new manager from when he was here prior and some other pieces (like James if he stays). If we can't find a 40M sale for the guy then just bring him back.

The Athletic reporting that Everton will not send him out on loan again and that we currently aren't in talks with any clubs over a permanent move.

It is either sale, or reintegrate with the squad.

He is out of Quarantine and free to join the squad at the weekend.

I am not a fan, but just imagine, if we could have him (PSG form), Richarlison and DCL firing along with a new RW and a fit James. Our fortunes could turn quicker than we think...
Bless your heart. You're obviously young enough so that Everton haven't beaten all of the optimism out of you yet.

…do you mean Benitez?

This lad has worked for us previously and was totally ineffective. I suspect Everton is the last place he wants to be this coming season, Brands and Benitez need to acquire an effective back-up striker.
Hopefully his agent is telling him to look at how low down on PSG’s priority list he is. He's dead last on their agenda from what I've read on PSG's summer recruitment.
I think he could easily end up in our first team if he stays. He'd get more football for us than them anyway.

A loan would get us a fee and relieve us of his wages for a season. If he refuses to play, or give his best then it’s not just himself he’s shooting in the foot, we see no financial or on-pitch benefit to keeping him around.

The one team interested won’t buy him. We have no real leverage to force a sale. They’ll have a Plan B to buy; we don’t have a Plan B to sell/loan to.
Loan fee and wages off the bill is all very well and good but the message it sends out is appalling. Basically it allows us to be f$%ked over by all and sundry in the future by saying, 'Come and have who you want for peanuts, and we'll just suck it up having made the financial outlay and taken all the risk' . In this instance, its important to send a message to the wider football world that if you want to do business with us, don't try and mug us over

Loan fee and wages off the bill is all very well and good but the message it sends out is appalling. Basically it allows us to be f$%ked over by all and sundry in the future by saying, 'Come and have who you want for peanuts, and we'll just suck it up having made the financial outlay and taken all the risk' . In this instance, its important to send a message to the wider football world that if you want to do business with us, don't try and mug us over
It really, honestly doesn’t send any such message. It’s basic economics mate - supply and demand. If the lad had a few clubs after him or he was a TOP priority for PSG then we’d have the leverage we need to make demands about the terms of the deal.

As it is, at this stage anyway, there is one club in for him and they’re signing free transfers all over the show because they’re limited in what they can spend after their spending in recent years.

If we were to take the stand you suggest for the sake of it, we guarantee (barring the emergence of a late suitor) Kean staying with us next season. At the risk of repeating myself for the millionth time, that can only be seen as a good thing if he does enough on the pitch to justify a year’s worth of salary and the opportunity cost of the loan fee. Granted, the level of output required is subjective but I’d start the bidding at about 15 combined goals/assists. Likely, do you think?

It really, honestly doesn’t send any such message. It’s basic economics mate - supply and demand. If the lad had a few clubs after him or he was a TOP priority for PSG then we’d have the leverage we need to make demands about the terms of the deal.

As it is, at this stage anyway, there is one club in for him and they’re signing free transfers all over the show because they’re limited in what they can spend after their spending in recent years.

If we were to take the stand you suggest for the sake of it, we guarantee (barring the emergence of a late suitor) Kean staying with us next season. At the risk of repeating myself for the millionth time, that can only be seen as a good thing if he does enough on the pitch to justify a year’s worth of salary and the opportunity cost of the loan fee. Granted, the level of output required is subjective but I’d start the bidding at about 15 combined goals/assists. Likely, do you think?
See, this is the part I disagree with completely. You can't segregate this deal from the overall message that we send out. How many times do you hear that 'x always drives a hard bargain for y club'? Makes a massive statement. If it were simply about THIS player and this instance then I'd wholeheartedly agree with you. For me it isn't. That said, always nice to hear an alternative viewpoint. Agree with you about his need to start showing enough on the pitch though.

Perhaps a different system under RB will help. Not entirely sure what system would work for him, but we can only hope.

….I don’t get that at all.

Whether it’s 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or whatever system you want, Kean is a footballer on a football pitch who looked totally ineffective when in possession of the football whilst playing for Everton. That is the basics, no excuses for a footballer in possession doing very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.