2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling to see what playing time he gets if DCL is starting.

And where does that leave us in 12 months?
Not saying he stays but he has to be sold. This loan thing is a farce. Another year knocked off his contract putting us in a weaker position if we sell next year. Unless they pay a big loan fee and agree to buy for a set amount at end there's no way we should loan to PSG again.

Not saying he stays but he has to be sold. This loan thing is a farce. Another year knocked off his contract putting us in a weaker position if we sell next year. Unless they pay a big loan fee and agree to buy for a set amount at end there's no way we should loan to PSG again.
I think its pretty obvious there are no takers. Possibly PSG know that which is why they are refusing to relent.

For what my opinion is worth, I think sell or keep him. Loan gives us absolutely nothing. If he stays he can refuse to play and sulk but ends up shooting himself in the foot by not getting any minutes or putting himself in the shop window. If he leaves for 40 million or whatever, he's happy and we've got some cash to reindorce the squad. Loan may suit him, but does nothing for us. And while player welfare is important we aren't obligated to do whatever he fancies just to keep him happy. Business works both ways.
A loan would get us a fee and relieve us of his wages for a season. If he refuses to play, or give his best then it’s not just himself he’s shooting in the foot, we see no financial or on-pitch benefit to keeping him around.

The one team interested won’t buy him. We have no real leverage to force a sale. They’ll have a Plan B to buy; we don’t have a Plan B to sell/loan to.

A loan would get us a fee and relieve us of his wages for a season. If he refuses to play, or give his best then it’s not just himself he’s shooting in the foot, we see no financial or on-pitch benefit to keeping him around.

The one team interested won’t buy him. We have no real leverage to force a sale. They’ll have a Plan B to buy; we don’t have a Plan B to sell/loan to.
How do you know only PSG are looking for a forward, mate?

How do you know only PSG are looking for a forward, mate?
Only PSG are in for Kean. They seem confident of that fact, hence they feel no pressure to buy as opposed to loan.

If there WERE other suitors, it doesn’t pay for us to drag on this loan chat with PSG. Firmly state he’s for sale only and let the multiple suitors battle it out. I strongly suspect that isn’t the case, though.

If PSG walk away from the table we either keep a player who seems not to want to play for us (and so makes no difference to our season beyond draining cash) or have to offer him out to other clubs which would probably mean a fee vastly reduced from the hopeful numbers being bandied around on this forum.

…do you mean Benitez?

This lad has worked for us previously and was totally ineffective. I suspect Everton is the last place he wants to be this coming season, Brands and Benitez need to acquire an effective back-up striker.
Yeah but that wasnt under Benitez, this guy could be the effective back up, Kean cant judge us under previous managers.

Only PSG are in for Kean. They seem confident of that fact, hence they feel no pressure to buy as opposed to loan.

If there WERE other suitors, it doesn’t pay for us to drag on this loan chat with PSG. Firmly state he’s for sale only and let the multiple suitors battle it out. I strongly suspect that isn’t the case, though.

If PSG walk away from the table we either keep a player who seems not to want to play for us (and so makes no difference to our season beyond draining cash) or have to offer him out to other clubs which would probably mean a fee vastly reduced from the hopeful numbers being bandied around on this forum.
He is one of the top rated young forwards in Europe, and we all know how difficult they are to find. There will be loads of clubs interested in him. The slight issue is that playing with the likes of Neymar and Mbappe will have turned his head somewhat as will the Parisian life. He'll be sold or in our squad next season in my opinion and I kind of hope it is the latter.

He is one of the top rated young forwards in Europe, and we all know how difficult they are to find. There will be loads of clubs interested in him. The slight issue is that playing with the likes of Neymar and Mbappe will have turned his head somewhat as will the Parisian life. He'll be sold or in our squad next season in my opinion and I kind of hope it is the latter.
we wouldnt be engaging in this will they/wont they pantomime with PSG if we had other suitors lining up.

Status
Not open for further replies.