2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I don’t get that at all.

Whether it’s 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or whatever system you want, Kean is a footballer on a football pitch who looked totally ineffective when in possession of the football whilst playing for Everton. That is the basics, no excuses for a footballer in possession doing very little.
Many professionals state that confidence is a big part of being able to perform at optimum level. To be fair he is a young kid, in new country, did not get much of a decent run of playing time so maybe his confidence was just shot?

Whether it’s 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or whatever system you want, Kean is a footballer on a football pitch who looked totally ineffective when in possession of the football whilst playing for Everton. That is the basics, no excuses for a footballer in possession doing very little.
I don't think that's completely fair. He played very well against Newcastle at home and in my opinion was unfairly dropped after that never to be given much of a chance again. He's shown at PSG that he's a useful player and under new management it could work for him. His attitude has to be right though of course.

We are crying out for someone fast and direct, I am assuming he has improved further while at PSG. If you look at his Juve youtube stuff he loved to run at defenders with the ball, perhaps, just perhaps, we can utilise that.

Didn't we get Deulofeu on loan twice? If we thought we could get it, we would ask. The thought that they might be able to get it says all that needs to be said about perceptions of our club.

The problem here is that you're asking them to treat you the way you think you should be treated. It, in fact, works in reverse. You can treat them the way they want to be treated. You can't make a douchebag not be a douchebag.
Think we bought del the second time, but barcelona had a buy back clause

For what my opinion is worth, I think sell or keep him. Loan gives us absolutely nothing. If he stays he can refuse to play and sulk but ends up shooting himself in the foot by not getting any minutes or putting himself in the shop window. If he leaves for 40 million or whatever, he's happy and we've got some cash to reindorce the squad. Loan may suit him, but does nothing for us. And while player welfare is important we aren't obligated to do whatever he fancies just to keep him happy. Business works both ways.
Problem is there are very few teams outside of the premier league capable of paying 40m. I’m not sure who we can sell him to

We are crying out for someone fast and direct, I am assuming he has improved further while at PSG. If you look at his Juve youtube stuff he loved to run at defenders with the ball, perhaps, just perhaps, we can utilise that.

…I was chuffed at the prospect of him joining us for the reasons you highlight but the reality was very different.

Physically he looks like he’s got the lot but in PL games for us he rarely went past the opposition. His standard trick was to shift it to his right and attempt to shoot but it would be invariably blocked at this level. He carried no threat, had no impact & I notice Ancelotti giving Gordon more game time.

…I was chuffed at the prospect of him joining us for the reasons you highlight but the reality was very different.

Physically he looks like he’s got the lot but in PL games for us he rarely went past the opposition. His standard trick was to shift it to his right and attempt to shoot but it would be invariably blocked at this level. He carried no threat, had no impact & I notice Ancelotti giving Gordon more game time.
I agree with that, he looked lost here and didnt look like he had the ability/belief. He has looked different at PSG and also at Juve.

I know it is only a youtube highlights vid (I can probably find one with me looking good on it somewhere) but, he looks a different player when his confidence is up. I have no idea what went on behind the scenes here, it might even happen again, but he could just be an option upfront.

I agree with that, he looked lost here and didnt look like he had the ability/belief. He has looked different at PSG and also at Juve.

I know it is only a youtube highlights vid (I can probably find one with me looking good on it somewhere) but, he looks a different player when his confidence is up. I have no idea what went on behind the scenes here, it might even happen again, but he could just be an option upfront.

…I’d be very surprised if he ever plays for Everton again & I’d be even more surprised if he turns out to be effective for us. Saying that, I’d be chuffed to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.