2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll end up going for around £35m, obviously. Start of negotiations.

Point I'm making though is that we don't have a strong negotiating hand beyond his length of contract, given how obviously unsuited to England he is and how he obviously wants out.

We're not getting £40m+, that's just stupid.
That fella had visions of us getting 60m.

You are wasting your time.

He'll end up going for around £35m, obviously. Start of negotiations.

Point I'm making though is that we don't have a strong negotiating hand beyond his length of contract, given how obviously unsuited to England he is and how he obviously wants out.

We're not getting £40m+, that's just stupid.
If you're a good salesman than this is not obvious.

Instead he took a bit to settle and struggled because DCL stopped him getting regular minutes and he doesn't want out he just needed to play to not stop his development.

You forgot to add “in my opinion”.

Then I’d reply, no.

In my opinion, it was stupid deal for us in the first place, if we sold him for 31 million that is two stupid deal for the one player in 4 months.

Well surely one deal to get the money back and some on an initial stupid deal ergo becomes a good deal?

You might be right, this could be his peak, but at this current peak he is worth more than 31m. I'm not suggesting not selling him but taking the first possible offer is really poor work.
Im certain of a few things.

Brands wont take their first offer and Sky Sports News chat complete wham biscuits.

You don't know if 31m is their first offer, it could be their last, it could be the price we met in the middle of.

But again, Sky Sports isn't a news source.

I think selling Kean makes sense, buy someone who will actually be in our squad with that money, I am not sure who, maybe that Boulaye Dia we were linked with a few weeks back

Honest question, do you have a list of how many players over the age of 30 that have been sold for more than 30m?

Cos I honestly don't recall many.

CR7, Bonucci, do you have other examples we could compare?

Cos you seem to have all the answers my friend.

But that means nothing - a players value is determined ultimately by what he is worth to the club -

Zaha isn't worth £70 million but if Palace deem that his price you pay it or you dont

Maguire is a donkey yet Leicester held firm and made Utd pay over the odds

Liverpool are masters of it - they sold a good but not world class player for over £120 million and have just sold some bum from the reserves to Sheff Utd for near £25 million whilst we are happy selling a 20 yr old Italian international with a 1 in 2 record for Juventus & PSG for £31 million lol

We get our pants pulled down in most of our big sales - Rooney £27 million? For Englands best talent in many generations

Arteta - £10 million?

Gana - £30 million

Only Lescott & Fellaini we got a fair price for and Lukaku slightly less than what I would have wanted based on his age when he was sold and off the back of scoring 25 goals that season when he was absolute quality.

Brands wont take their first offer and Sky Sports News chat complete wham biscuits.

You don't know if 31m is their first offer, it could be their last, it could be the price we met in the middle of.

Tbh there probably isn't even an offer. It isn't like PSG need to make it permanent now.

Brands has negotiated well.

Theres the potential someone has leaked this to SSN, it could be us or them.

It is also worth noting, prices are going to come down. 25% approx in the summer and I'd guess same again next year as the shock of some horrendous financial results has to hit. If you have an offer on the table, which turns a profit may well be a smart time to take it at this point. Prices may be lower again come the summer (think Lookman).

There will be no shortage of value options who may be more suitable too. King and Milik immediately come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.