2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, because in the past when he's come on he's provided a goal threat?

Lookman & Kean

What's it with you bumming the head off crap players.
I don't feel very wrong about preferring we have Lookman and Kean over Bernard and Tosun but whatever, you're entitled to feel the other way.

I don't even want to keep Kean. We should definitely sell him, but we also should definitely be looking to get a proper profit out of it.

I feared that when I read worth around 31 million.

It’s just stupid really.

What is our incentive to sell, we have all the leverage.
With the way ffp works, though is that even a thing at the moment. If we get 31 and then say buy a winger for the same price over 5yrs on say 80k a week.

The 31 goes straight into the accounts and the new signing is worked out over the length of contract and wages so 50 mil over 5 yrs. means we would be 20mil in front. I’m sure it’s not as straight forward as that. And someone on here will know exactly, but I don’t think I’m miles off

This is a good point. Although PSG figure to be a team that has money either way.

And can we please stop with Josh King who is a footballer on the back half of his career that is struggling to have an impact in the championship?

Yes. But they pay a DOF to negotiate in the market too. It's a buyers market currently.

I mean if it's me, and I've said for a while I'd be considering moving one of DCL/Richarlinson on for big money and get this lad back. But I understand the alternative in selling Kean is a solid offer comes in.

As for King, hes not bothered hence why hes playing badly. He has shown he can do it in this league previously. It wouldnt be a big fee, and he could cover the front 3. It's an option, that's all. There will be plenty of other options I'm sure. Who's in Barcas/Reals dustbins these days?

You think he's performed well enough to be demanding £40m+? Like seriously have you watched him play? He's slotted a few but against terrible teams and his all round play is still shocking.

Scored against the mighty:

Dijon
Lorient
Strasbourg
Istanbul
Montpellier
Rennes
Bordeaux

I mean to add some balance, hasnt he scored in the champions league?

Yes. But they pay a DOF to negotiate in the market too. It's a buyers market currently.

I mean if it's me, and I've said for a while I'd be considering moving one of DCL/Richarlinson on for big money and get this lad back. But I understand the alternative in selling Kean is a solid offer comes in.

As for King, hes not bothered hence why hes playing badly. He has shown he can do it in this league previously. It wouldnt be a big fee, and he could cover the front 3. It's an option, that's all. There will be plenty of other options I'm sure. Who's in Barcas/Reals dustbins these days?
I don't think you can play Kean and DCL together but I don't hate selling Richarlison instead as an idea. I'd be gutted to lose DCL.

I just don't think signing a mediocre player for depth is how you build depth. Instead by someone who improves us and shuffle Iwobi down or whoever.

With the way ffp works, though is that even a thing at the moment. If we get 31 and then say buy a winger for the same price over 5yrs on say 80k a week.

The 31 goes straight into the accounts and the new signing is worked out over the length of contract and wages so 50 mil over 5 yrs. means we would be 20mil in front. I’m sure it’s not as straight forward as that. And someone on here will know exactly, but I don’t think I’m miles off

His book value was 22.4 mill in July. We clear the difference from whatever we make, yet he was a really small enabling wage so for me that and his quality made him an important young player in the squad for us. Annually through Amort and wages he cost us 8.3 million,

I mean I don't agree with Iguana on a lot of things but having our back up option to bring on as Tosun while Kean is off on loan at the Champions League finalists is a bit daft

He's replaced Choupo-Moting who was crap at Stoke.

He's not a Neymar/Mbappe.

His book value was 22.4 mill in July. We clear the difference from whatever we make, yet he was a really small enabling wage so for me that and his quality made him an important young player for us. Annually through Amort and wages he cost us 8.3 million,

If we sold him for £31 million this month whats the book profit mate overall?

If we sold him for £31 million this month whats the book profit mate overall?

Depends on a couple of thing mate. We may have got a loan fee for him and PSG could be paying his wage, I suspect they are as his loan had little advantage to us, beyond financial remuneration.

He is six months in to the accounting year so if we halved his 5.6 mill amort, I make his book price about 19.5 mill. So about 11.5 million.

His wages are 2.76 mill a year. So we wouldn’t have that liability.

So likely we would make an accounting profit of 11.5 million on a 31 mill deal.
Save 2.76 million a year in wages.
While overall year on year we save 8.36 annually in the PL account.

Would be against this deal myself.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.