2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish - we spent £22 million on a near 30 yr old Allan who wasn't even in Napoli's plans whilst Gana was literally our best midfielder and played every game he was available for.

Players with the engine of Gana could play into their mid 30's like Milner etc. £30 million wasn't near enough considering who we were selling to - kin Qatar state backed PSG who spend money like its going out of fashion.
Honest question, do you have a list of how many players over the age of 30 that have been sold for more than 30m?

Cos I honestly don't recall many.

CR7, Bonucci, do you have other examples we could compare?

Cos you seem to have all the answers my friend.

Of course £30m was enough for Idrissa Gueye, don’t be so bloody stupid.

Just because you put his full name doesn't change the fact he was our best midfielder and statistically one of the best defensive mids in Europe the season he was sold - he was on par stats wise with Kante.

But of course selling him for £30 million in a world where Joelinton is going for £40 million was a bargain apparently lol

Just because you put his full name doesn't change the fact he was our best midfielder and statistically one of the best defensive mids in Europe the season he was sold - he was on par stats wise with Kante.

But of course selling him for £30 million in a world where Joelinton is going for £40 million was a bargain apparently lol
Is that Kante that was sold for 32m mert?

At 28.

We sold him for £30m at the age of 30. He now can’t get a game for them and is about to be flogged. Remind me again why they would’ve even considered paying £40m+ for a player to get one season out of him.

Also LOL at using Joelinton as the bar. If you’re calling that the standard, we should’ve paid £250m for Allan.

Fair play mate. Not being confrontational. But I think that is a narrative assumed often in these scenarios.

Anyway, CL team, wanting our young promising international striker for a mere 5 mill profit, to fit in beside Neymar and Mbappe, anything below 38-40 mill and we’ve been done.

I wonder if the deal was being done the other way how much he would cost, don’t be small time Everton, the lad has 15 odd years of a career ahead of him.

He's not promising for us.

We need to take anything north of £30m. Otherwise he comes back and is a millstone around our neck again.

All I'm learning from this is that some of you are very much not salesman.

He'll end up going for around £35m, obviously. Start of negotiations.

Point I'm making though is that we don't have a strong negotiating hand beyond his length of contract, given how obviously unsuited to England he is and how he obviously wants out.

We're not getting £40m+, that's just stupid.

You do not want to know what I'm learning.

Sometimes a deal comes along that you need to grasp before things change.

Hes at the peak of his value, SELL, SELL, SELL.
You might be right, this could be his peak, but at this current peak he is worth more than 31m. I'm not suggesting not selling him but taking the first possible offer is really poor work.

Status
Not open for further replies.