2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of us here get to see him in training or see his character, so we’ve only got what we’ve seen on the pitch to go on. Personally, I’ve not seen anything to suggest he should be starting.

If Carlo thought he could do a job out wide, then surely he’d be starting ahead of that stump Iwobi or Sigurdsson, but he clearly doesn’t.

None of us here get to see him in training or see his character, so we’ve only got what we’ve seen on the pitch to go on. Personally, I’ve not seen anything to suggest he should be starting.

If Carlo thought he could do a job out wide, then surely he’d be starting ahead of that stump Iwobi or Sigurdsson, but he clearly doesn’t.
Apparently ( I've never been around a professional football club ) some players look bad in training but perform when it matters in games.
With this season being over I'd start Kean in a few games to see what he's got , rotating DCL and Richarlison to see if there is any semblance of a partnership.
If he does nothing in those games then move him on and bring in Carlo's choices.

Yeah I'm slightly concerned that the striker we paid around £25million for has scored 1(one) league goal all season, has failed to impress the 3 managers we have had this season to the extent they have only trusted him for "cameos" and had his attitude questioned by all of them. So yeah I'm slightly concerned we've bought yet another dud.

Must make me a .... fan

ok fine. if you're slightly concerned ... and also to be fair, doing 'something' within the first year is important...so i guess
at least 5-6 goals and a few assists?

I think a bigger worry is that three managers in just one season do not rate him enough to give him anything other than just a few minutes at the end of a game.

Yeah i see what you mean. I guess in this case we're going off the manager's vibes and choices not just writing him off.

How many GENUINE chances has he he messed up / missed?

our midfield again created zip when he came on. At least he tries to beat his man and get the ball up the pitch.

Yeah when he gets the chance he is direct and runs at defenders. Has little in terms of balls to his foot though or chances created for him.

I suspect the sad truth is Souness Italian contacts had better intel than our massively paid DoF.

My guess is he will go back to Italy as a makeweight in deal for one of Carlo’s targets.

I suspect the sad truth is Souness Italian contacts had better intel than our massively paid DoF.

My guess is he will go back to Italy as a makeweight in deal for one of Carlo’s targets.
This probably makes sense but at the same time I can see Carlo giving him another season with us to see whether he can make it in the prem.

I think he needs to start a few games. He seems an outlet and not afraid to run at defenders with the ball. Nothing to play for now so it makes sense

our midfield again created zip when he came on. At least he tries to beat his man and get the ball up the pitch.

As always, it works both ways. Richarlison and DCL have scored goals even in this team. We often have a lot of the ball, especially at home. Sometimes strikers have to do something to make it happen themselves. Whether that be through an excellent run or beating a man to slot.

He should still be here next season. It's clear he's not had the best start in a season where the whole team has been a bit of a dud. I'm just hoping Ancelotti works closely with him during the summer.

He'd certainly benefit from a better midfield, but I feel like that's stating the painfully obvious..

Midfield creativity is an issue for all of the strikers, very fair point.

Also Fair that kean does nothing to help either. Comes on and doesn't really get involved, doesn't move and make it hard for defenders.

As always, it works both ways. Richarlison and DCL have scored goals even in this team. We often have a lot of the ball, especially at home. Sometimes strikers have to do something to make it happen themselves. Whether that be through an excellent run or beating a man to slot.

Not at all recently. The only ball we have is in our own third. Midfield panic as soon as they get it like they are scared of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.