2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he's not had the game time to show it. Also thete is one thing training and another in the games over here. Withing 5 seconds of having the ball, someone is coming flying in. The game is like chalk and cheese compared to Italy.

Your making no provisions for any of his circumstances and expecting immediate results.

You may be right, he may be totally crap, he may never make it here. But we cant judge him after this season where everything has gone wrong. From all the reasons I listed above about him adapting, then the team was struggling and the manager went. Then he had 2 forwards playing well so couldnt get on. Then lockdown and no football for 3 months.

All im saying is that he hasnt had a chance to prove anything. Lets judge him at the end of next season.
As with most people on this subject, you’ve resorted to being ridiculous. I didn’t say he was crap. I didn’t say I was expecting immediate results. That’s a straw man.

All I’m saying is if he was one of the best prospects in the world I would expect us to have seen why. Things might not have come off for him, his stats might not be great, but his talent should shine through. It doesn’t though. You can see he has ability, but it doesn’t stand out as being exceptional. He’s quick and can dribble, but there’s more to talent than that. As I said earlier, it doesn’t mean he’s not a good prospect, but he’s a good few rungs below where he was pitched I think.

But he's not had the game time to show it. Also thete is one thing training and another in the games over here. Withing 5 seconds of having the ball, someone is coming flying in. The game is like chalk and cheese compared to Italy.

Your making no provisions for any of his circumstances and expecting immediate results.

You may be right, he may be totally crap, he may never make it here. But we cant judge him after this season where everything has gone wrong. From all the reasons I listed above about him adapting, then the team was struggling and the manager went. Then he had 2 forwards playing well so couldnt get on. Then lockdown and no football for 3 months.

All im saying is that he hasnt had a chance to prove anything. Lets judge him at the end of next season.

He's had a chance every time he's turned up at the training ground and clearly managers haven't been impressed. For us to spend £30m he should be showing more than he has. I'm sure the people who brought him here expected more too.

We're not big enough to be buying someone because they might be good in 4 years time. We need players for the here and now.

Here we go again. Young player doesn't score a hat trick within first 20 games, and another 20 to fire us to the CL and he is a worry. Oh. Dear.
Can't wait till people start finding reasons why all of Ancelotti's successes were due to other factors.
Come on. let's just support the young players unconditionally just for a year or two at least?
I think a bigger worry is that three managers in just one season do not rate him enough to give him anything other than just a few minutes at the end of a game.

As with most people on this subject, you’ve resorted to being ridiculous. I didn’t say he was crap. I didn’t say I was expecting immediate results. That’s a straw man.

All I’m saying is if he was one of the best prospects in the world I would expect us to have seen why. Things might not have come off for him, his stats might not be great, but his talent should shine through. It doesn’t though. You can see he has ability, but it doesn’t stand out as being exceptional. He’s quick and can dribble, but there’s more to talent than that. As I said earlier, it doesn’t mean he’s not a good prospect, but he’s a good few rungs below where he was pitched I think.

Vlasic wasn't fantastic but at least showed some glimpses which gave people a chance to get carried away and think there's a really good player in there. Just the odd 20 minutes here and there would've done for Kean. Not asking a lot for £30m.

God forbid a 19 year old comes to a new country, new culture, new club, new language and a 100% higher tempo of football and hasnt scored 20 goals.

He was one of the best young prospects in the world last year. Give him a chance
But, this is almost like a second season at this stage and he is not making any bigger impact now than when he first arrived.

I would like to see him start a game at centre forward and see what he can do.

Richarlison is our only ball carrying player. I hate to take him further away from goal but I think it will help everyone. He can still get forward from midfield anyway.

Then let Kean knock 'em in

I find it interesting that weve now apparently paid £30mil for him when the actual fee was £22mil rising to £28mil on clauses.

We'd easily get £22mil from an italian side

I find it interesting that weve now apparently paid £30mil for him when the actual fee was £22mil rising to £28mil on clauses.

We'd easily get £22mil from an italian side

Depends who you believe.

He becomes Everton's fifth summer signing, joining for an initial fee of £25.1m that could rise to £27.5m.
BBC Sport

Everton have completed the signing of Moise Kean from Juventus for an initial €32m (£29m). The Italy forward could end up costing €40m (£37m) with add-ons.
Guardian

Everton have signed teenage Italy striker Moise Kean from Juventus for a fee reported to reach £27.5million.
Independent

The Italy international will cost Everton an initial fee of around $36 million, but the total amount including add-ons could eventually reach $45 million
Forbes

Everton have concluded a deal with Juventus to sign Moise Kean for an initial €32m (£29m) Everton could end up spending €40m on Kean with add-ons and have agreed to pay him £2.75m a year
Ramano

Kean, 19, joins in a deal worth a reported £36.6million, having passed a medical with the Toffees earlier this week.
Talksport

Our midfield passes side to side then backwards to the defence who get closed down, pass to Pickford who then either kicks it out of play or lumps it to DCL or Richy. Kean needs the ball on the floor to have any chance of being able to show us something. Improve the midfields ability to pass forward & Kean will be more useful.

Ri
Our midfield passes side to side then backwards to the defence who get closed down, pass to Pickford who then either kicks it out of play or lumps it to DCL or Richy. Kean needs the ball on the floor to have any chance of being able to show us something. Improve the midfields ability to pass forward & Kean will be more useful.
Richarlison seems to be doing ok. And there’s half the fans telling me how good DCLs playing. What’s the difference for Kean?

Status
Not open for further replies.