2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isnt true at all, he had 1 year left on his deal and Raiola made it clear he wouldnt sign a new one. Juve didnt want to lose him but obviously couldnt afford to let him go on a free.
And why would Mr Super Agent not want his bright young star to stay at the biggest club in Italy if he thought he was any good?

"I've got a great idea, instead of learning from the likes of Buffon, Ronaldo, Chiellini, Pjanic, Dybala and Higuain, we'll bin Juve off cos an opportunity has come up for you to play alongside Siggy, Niasse and Cuco Martina. I've also got it on good authority that they're signing the mighty Alex Iowbi as well"

Juve wanted shut and we were willing to pay a decent fee and throw more money at the lad than anyone else.

And why would Mr Super Agent not want his bright young star to stay at the biggest club in Italy if he thought he was any good?

"I've got a great idea, instead of learning from the likes of Buffon, Ronaldo, Chiellini, Pjanic, Dybala and Higuain, we'll bin Juve off cos an opportunity has come up for you to play alongside Siggy, Niasse and Cuco Martina. I've also got it on good authority that they're signing the mighty Alex Iowbi as well"

Juve wanted shut and we were willing to pay a decent fee and throw more money at the lad than anyone else.

You have obviously never heard of Raiola. He likes to move his players every few years, earning him ££. Jut look at Haaland, he forced a release clause in their so that in another year or two he will be on the move. Same with De Ligt, who also has a release clause.

Reckon Kean has one too and he brought him here with a view to getting him somewhere else in 3 years.

I didn't expect much from him this season and was prepared to mock those who had a pop at him.

But I didn't expect him to show next to nothing. I thought he'd need time to adjust and be wildly inconsistent but show glimpses of quality.

But there's been nothing from him at all. Even now, with the season dead, Ancelotti is reluctant to give him any more than 20 minutes. He has cameos when defences are tired and still does absolutely nothing.

I don't know what to do at this point with him. I can see both arguments for and against cutting our losses this summer. It'd take something close to a miracle for him to come good at this point.

Yeah I'm slightly concerned that the striker we paid around £25million for has scored 1(one) league goal all season, has failed to impress the 3 managers we have had this season to the extent they have only trusted him for "cameos" and had his attitude questioned by all of them. So yeah I'm slightly concerned we've bought yet another dud.

Must make me a .... fan
They said when they bought him this season he would only be slowly introduced into the side. This is what's happening. This is so he can adapt. The season has been massively disrupted. I'd rather he got the ground running but I don't think that was ever the intention

I mean look at Omar. He took a few months coming in from a foreign league and he's even older. Took him a whole before firing on all cylinders.

You have obviously never heard of Raiola. He likes to move his players every few years, earning him ££. Jut look at Haaland, he forced a release clause in their so that in another year or two he will be on the move. Same with De Ligt, who also has a release clause.

Reckon Kean has one too and he brought him here with a view to getting him somewhere else in 3 years.
Of course I've heard of him.

Moving Kean to Everton if he's actually any good makes zero sense considering Raiola, in his own words, said he'd never have let Lukaku sign for us if he'd been managing Rom at the time he left Chelsea.

Now all of a sudden were good enough for one of his top lads despite considerably worse league finishes than when we signined Lukaku?

That suggests, to me at least, that Kean is pretty turd and his agent knows it.

Last edited:
Needs to be playing more next season. Whether that’s here or on loan. At the moment he isn’t worth more than we bought him for which is ok because we don’t want to sell. But when he’s likely to want to leave/ready to be sold (2years left on contract) he needs to be playing regularly and showing his potential. If he has another season like this one that’s unlikely.

Next year he needs 35+ matches into him and the one after that needs to be playing reguarly for us.

Of course I've heard of him.

Moving him to Everton if he's actually any good makes zero sense considering Raiola, in his own words, said he'd never have let Lukaku sign for us if he'd been managing Rom at the time he left Chelsea.

Now all of a sudden were good enough for one of his top lads despite being worse league finishes than when Lukaku played for us?

That suggests, to me at least, that Kean is pretty turd and his agent knows it.

God forbid a 19 year old comes to a new country, new culture, new club, new language and a 100% higher tempo of football and hasnt scored 20 goals.

He was one of the best young prospects in the world last year. Give him a chance

God forbid a 19 year old comes to a new country, new culture, new club, new language and a 100% higher tempo of football and hasnt scored 20 goals.

He was one of the best young prospects in the world last year. Give him a chance
Not expecting 20 goals but was expecting him to look like he's actually capable of scoring a goal at some point...

Think it's fair to say that if he really was considered one of the best prospects in the world last year, he's certainly pissed on his own chips over the last 12 months.

Not being funny like but the whole ‘one of the best prospects in the world’ thing is a bit mental. The best prospects in the world don’t come to a team that’s just finished 8th in the league and is being managed by Marco silva. Just apply some common sense to it. Doesn’t mean he’s not a good prospect, but it really hasn’t helped that people have massively overblown him from the start.

Not being funny like but the whole ‘one of the best prospects in the world’ thing is a bit mental. The best prospects in the world don’t come to a team that’s just finished 8th in the league and is being managed by Marco silva. Just apply some common sense to it. Doesn’t mean he’s not a good prospect, but it really hasn’t helped that people have massively overblown him from the start.

Thats not my take that was the general view at the time and as he was coming through.

I understand what your saying but it could be a number of reasons. Financial, game time, a love for the PL, as a stepping stone. If he's not getting as much time as he wants at Juve, why would Real, Barca, Bayern etc be any different? Even most of the second tier have quality strikers. He was never going to another top club and starting every week.

There is a difference in having enormous potential and fulfilling it. He was seen by the football world as having enormous potential. What he does with that remains to be seen.

Thats not my take that was the general view at the time and as he was coming through.

I understand what your saying but it could be a number of reasons. Financial, game time, a love for the PL, as a stepping stone. If he's not getting as much time as he wants at Juve, why would Real, Barca, Bayern etc be any different? Even most of the second tier have quality strikers. He was never going to another top club and starting every week.

There is a difference in having enormous potential and fulfilling it. He was seen by the football world as having enormous potential. What he does with that remains to be seen.
That’s what we told ourselves at the time yes, but now? It seemed unlikely that one of the most sought after players in the world would come here but I’d never seen him play and that’s what people said he was, so I believed them. It seemed too good to be true, and it was. Nothing we’ve seen from him - and I mean nothing - suggests he’s one of the best young players in the world. It might be that there were two weird coincidences, first that he ended up here and then that he had a sudden Massive dip in form. alternatively it might be that he just wasn’t that good to start with. I know which one seems more likely.

This isnt true at all, he had 1 year left on his deal and Raiola made it clear he wouldnt sign a new one. Juve didnt want to lose him but obviously couldnt afford to let him go on a free.

Fair enough. Looks great business on their part now though.

It’s obvious he has talent. It’s frustrating though as I don’t know if he’s cut out for the Premier League.

He seems to love running at players and dribbling and I think he’s good at it, so to me he’d be suited to playing on either wing. But then to do that role in the PL you also need to track back and be disciplined, which he doesn’t appear eager to do based on what we’ve seen.

That’s what we told ourselves at the time yes, but now? It seemed unlikely that one of the most sought after players in the world would come here but I’d never seen him play and that’s what people said he was, so I believed them. It seemed too good to be true, and it was. Nothing we’ve seen from him - and I mean nothing - suggests he’s one of the best young players in the world. It might be that there were two weird coincidences, first that he ended up here and then that he had a sudden Massive dip in form. alternatively it might be that he just wasn’t that good to start with. I know which one seems more likely.

But he's not had the game time to show it. Also thete is one thing training and another in the games over here. Withing 5 seconds of having the ball, someone is coming flying in. The game is like chalk and cheese compared to Italy.

Your making no provisions for any of his circumstances and expecting immediate results.

You may be right, he may be totally crap, he may never make it here. But we cant judge him after this season where everything has gone wrong. From all the reasons I listed above about him adapting, then the team was struggling and the manager went. Then he had 2 forwards playing well so couldnt get on. Then lockdown and no football for 3 months.

All im saying is that he hasnt had a chance to prove anything. Lets judge him at the end of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.