2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ferguson wants him to be more like Richarlison, someone who has the unique talent to put the ball in the back of the net while also working hard for the team, especially when you aren’t playing a full 90 minutes. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

Kean has done nothing to be allowed to be a Berbatov.

I think this lad has been poorly managed/coached by Silva and his band of merry helpers and his head isn't fully in it at the moment and he is struggling to get up to speed with what Duncan wants. Its a shame really as he has so much potential but we just haven't got time for passengers or learning curves as every point is absolutely vital at the moment especially with this run of games.

He will be on the phone to Raiola, who in turn will be on the phone to his mate Brands.

Kean will be out on loan in January and sold next summer.

IIRC: In Ibrahimavich's book he said he phoned Raiola to complain about a manager and Raiola told him he played crap and to make more of an effort, (wonder if Raiola will do the same thing here ?)

He really didn't do anything to deserve getting turfed off.

Had he stayed on for the four - FOUR - minutes that were left, I doubt anyone would be criticising.

If Silva had done that there'd be an angry mob.

I'm chuffed to bits with what Dunc has done. But that decision was properly bizarre.

I think Dunc was trying to make a statement... a statement that a temporary manager shouldn’t really be making.

I think this might harm Dunc more than Kean longer term.

Unnecessary... totally unnecessary!

I think Dunc was trying to make a statement... a statement that a temporary manager shouldn’t really be making.

I think this might harm Dunc more than Kean longer term.

Unnecessary... totally unnecessary!
This is bigger than any manager. The statement was, if you’re not willing to put a shift in whilst wearing the shirt, you can get to fk.

Having re-watched it i definitely get the feel Dunc decided to make an example of him.

I get the impression both are at fault but the underlying feeling is bringing him off was extremely harsh but it's also a message from Dunc that a lack of following instruction in unacceptable.

Little breakdown of his brief cameo;

- Thrown on when we were playing 442, hard to tell if he was instructed for LM or ST but Richarlison clearly tells him to play alongside DCL.

- After conceding we immediately switch to 433/451 and Kean is asked to play from the right.

- A few times Kean is clearly told by Dunc to get back and help protect Coleman, in fairness he put's in the shift to help but put's in clumsy tackles typical of a forward out of position.

- Kean then starts to drift away from the right and take up more central areas while also neglecting the defensive side of the game, DCL then becomes the RM.

- Just before Niasse comes on the camera shows Dunc agitated with someone high up the pitch to get back, camera pans out and DCL is nearest to the touchline with Kean now effectively the lone striker.

From that last camera before the sub i feel Niasse was going to be on for DCL as the lone striker, but seeing Kean not follow instruction was the final straw and Dunc took the decision to make an example of him.

It's an incredibly harsh punishment that late in the game but it's also a huge statement to the rest of the squad, as long as the big man's in charge you listen and give 100% or don't bother at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.