2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Prawn sandwich brigade are trying to make Ferguson the bad guy.

This is what we’ve been missing. Good organisation, clever tactics from the Outset and ruthless determination. These are highly paid footballers living in competition with themselves, their team mates and the opposition.

Ferguson has just taken a very big stick out and decided enough is enough. You die on the pitch for this team or you will not get that opportunity. It’s up to Kean now and if he doesn’t heed this very public advice then he has no future here.

It’s genius in my book, and long coasting players now know the Boss is forging the fighting 81st on the field. He doesn’t carry passengers and he doesn’t take prisoners.

Having re-watched it i definitely get the feel Dunc decided to make an example of him.

I get the impression both are at fault but the underlying feeling is bringing him off was extremely harsh but it's also a message from Dunc that a lack of following instruction in unacceptable.

Little breakdown of his brief cameo;

- Thrown on when we were playing 442, hard to tell if he was instructed for LM or ST but Richarlison clearly tells him to play alongside DCL.

- After conceding we immediately switch to 433/451 and Kean is asked to play from the right.

- A few times Kean is clearly told by Dunc to get back and help protect Coleman, in fairness he put's in the shift to help but put's in clumsy tackles typical of a forward out of position.

- Kean then starts to drift away from the right and take up more central areas while also neglecting the defensive side of the game, DCL then becomes the RM.

- Just before Niasse comes on the camera shows Dunc agitated with someone high up the pitch to get back, camera pans out and DCL is nearest to the touchline with Kean now effectively the lone striker.

From that last camera before the sub i feel Niasse was going to be on for DCL as the lone striker, but seeing Kean not follow instruction was the final straw and Dunc took the decision to make an example of him.

It's an incredibly harsh punishment that late in the game but it's also a huge statement to the rest of the squad, as long as the big man's in charge you listen and give 100% or don't bother at all.

Yeah

He said in the post match interview, he started him out as CF. Didn't think he was up to speed. Put him out wide which he felt was a poor decision from himself. Put him back as CF then thought he'd put a CF who would be up to the pace of the game.

For a cone placer, he's actually making tactical decisions in the game.

Silva would've just left it and not made any changes if it wasn't working.

I see the Prawn sandwich brigade are trying to make Ferguson the bad guy.

This is what we’ve been missing. Good organisation, clever tactics from the Outset and ruthless determination. These are highly paid footballers living in competition with themselves, their team mates and the opposition.

Ferguson has just taken a very big stick out and decided enough is enough. You die on the pitch for this team or you will not get that opportunity. It’s up to Kean now and if he doesn’t heed this very public advice then he has no future here.

It’s genius in my book, and long coasting players now know the Boss is forging the fighting 81st on the field. He doesn’t carry passengers and he doesn’t take prisoners.
If Kean does become a top player, he will probably look back at it as a poignant moment in his career.

I loved that from Ferguson, I remember Kendall doing that with Neil Adams in the Charity Shield and Colin Harvey with Stefen Rehn against Millwall, if you put someone on and they don’t do a job then haul them off

How can be gassed after 18 minutes though ? He’s not been injured, has been training regularly, I know he’s not played many minutes but im fairly sure a player should not be gassed after only 18 minutes

Thats the worry should we go down the Moyes/Big Dunc route - quality strikers like Lukaku & potentially Kean slated because they dont run the channels like garbage like Strac, Bent & DCL.

hard work only takes you so far - you need the sprinkle of quality alongside it if we are to ever do anything than make up the numbers in this league.
That’s a bit insulting to Bent, calling him “garbage”.

Status
Not open for further replies.