2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you really suggesting nothing should be done about this?
Of course not. That's why I said it would be best coming from our chairman. Love him or hate him you can't deny the guy is a very good orator. I was criticising you taking the opportunity to bang your Brands agenda.

Never mind the chairman, I would have thought if you were Marcel Brands who spent ages running ther rule over this lad you'd wish to get in there and not only defend the player you bought but also defend your own decision to bring him in.

It's Brands' job to get out there and deal with this. Otherwise other divvies in the "commentariat" will lazily put their tuppenceworth in and the lad's head gets messed with. If I was Kean I'd demand some rejoinder from the club...or deal with it myself.
It’s not Brands’ job at all.

First of all, you don’t rise to stuff like that. It’s a pundit, you rise to it you give credence.

The club don’t have a PR problem, it was random opinion with absolutely no basis. Just pure speculation. You don’t add weight to it by comment.

You especially don’t have a senior figure at the club do it. And even if you do, it shouldn’t be Brands.

I don’t agree with everything you say but you usually are quite measured or at least thoughtful in your view. But I have to say it’s hard not to think you’ve got an agenda against brands with stuff like this.

I don’t agree with everything you say but you usually are quite measured or at least thoughtful in your view. But I have to say it’s hard not to think you’ve got an agenda against brands with stuff like this.

Agenda? Dave?

'Measured', 'thoughtful' - not sure Dave would be too pleased with that description; most of those boring TV pundits pretend to be measured and thoughtful as they condescendingly share their wisdom with us mere mortals. However, I suspect Senor Martinez, on one of his sneaky forays onto GOT, would agree with your assessment.

Otherwise, I agree with your post!

He should, his agent should, and his club should. It's his reputation and he needs to protect it....and it's a sure fire way of getting massive goodwill in the bank if he personally had a go back at that plastic surgery using Kopite freak.

I don't think there's any need to directly address it. If you do that then you're just inviting every two-bit professional controvertialist (Chris Sutton, just about any of the prats on TalkSport) to pipe up knowing they get an easy rise out of Everton Football Club. These people aren't there to deliver insight, they're there to provide soundbites and edgy controversy.

Next time Silva or Brands are being interviewed then all they need do is emphasise Kean's professionalism, attitude and how happy they are with the deal. Absolutely no need to mention Souness or any other lazy pundit. They shouldn't be on the radar.

It’s not Brands’ job at all.

First of all, you don’t rise to stuff like that. It’s a pundit, you rise to it you give credence.

The club don’t have a PR problem, it was random opinion with absolutely no basis. Just pure speculation. You don’t add weight to it by comment.

You especially don’t have a senior figure at the club do it. And even if you do, it shouldn’t be Brands.

It's not just any criticism though, it's criticism of his character and implies the deal was 'dodgy' to bring him here - too cheap, easily good enough for Juventus and therefore something murky is in his locker.

Look at how somene like Balotelli (who was a loose cannon) was time after time defended by his captain and manager and the club from outrageously OTT criticism.

I don't think there's any need to directly address it. If you do that then you're just inviting every two-bit professional controvertialist (Chris Sutton, just about any of the prats on TalkSport) to pipe up knowing they get an easy rise out of Everton Football Club. These people aren't there to deliver insight, they're there to provide soundbites and edgy controversy.

Next time Silva or Brands are being interviewed then all they need do is emphasise Kean's professionalism, attitude and how happy they are with the deal. Absolutely no need to mention Souness or any other lazy pundit. They shouldn't be on the radar.
Well, it'll be interesting to see how Kean is treated from now on. IMO if you stand by and let an unfounded attack stand without dealing with it then it's agreen light to others to get in there and slate Kean for no reason.

Never mind the chairman, I would have thought if you were Marcel Brands who spent ages running ther rule over this lad you'd wish to get in there and not only defend the player you bought but also defend your own decision to bring him in.

It's Brands' job to get out there and deal with this. Otherwise other divvies in the "commentariat" will lazily put their tuppenceworth in and the lad's head gets messed with. If I was Kean I'd demand some rejoinder from the club...or deal with it myself.
You’ve got the level of commitment that I claim to have on my CV

Well, it'll be interesting to see how Kean is treated from now on. IMO if you stand by and let an unfounded attack stand without dealing with it then it's agreen light to others to get in there and slate Kean for no reason.

A lot of the media have got straight into Souness on the back of his comments - bizarre, ignorant, unfounded and disgraceful being just a few of the words bandied about in the papers. And that's before you go into the ripping he's getting on Twitter and the like directly from established football writers and media sorts.

It's provoked a lot of comments about the level of ignorant unresearched punditry from former professional players and the old boys network.

A lot of the media have got straight into Souness on the back of his comments - bizarre, ignorant, unfounded and disgraceful being just a few of the words bandied about in the papers. And that's before you go into the ripping he's getting on Twitter and the like directly from established football writers and media sorts.

It's provoked a lot of comments about the level of ignorant unresearched punditry from former professional players and the old boys network.
Good to hear. Hopefully that reaction has been prompted by the club itself.

If any of the 'commentariat' come out with this again I expect the club to go public with a statement.

After the treatment Lukaku received in Italy this weekend, it’s been highlighted a few times today on the radio about the racist treatment Kean received last season too. I’m sure that may have played a part too, not sure if Souness would take notice of that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.