2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article recently about how pundits are confusing football fans by making sweeping statements and sharing ill informed views. Danny Mills was mentioned as he laballed Sheffield United a ‘direct’ team, despite the fact they were in the bottom half of the championship for long balls played last season. He just made it up, basically. This is another perfect example of such laziness.

What has made Souness think Kean has a bad attitude? Some may say it’s prejudice and/or racism and they may be right to an extent but at the very least it’s incredibly lazy. All he had to do is do a quick Google search and he would have the full story of how poorly he was treated/his desire for first team football within 20 minutes. But no, he just made an ill advised assumption.

Why is he even in that position if he can’t be arsed to research the team’s he is commentating on? I have no doubt that many people on here have a better knowledge of modern day football than Souness.

Female pundits get a bit of stick but I must admit the ones I’ve seen are very knowledgable about what they’re talking about and actually seem to put in the time to researching the game and the teams they are about to commentate on.
I can only think it might be something to do with the fact that whilst at Juve, Kean was in trouble a few times for partying a bit too much, but Juve are very strict with their players and how they like them to behave. This has nothing to do with why he was sold though, they spoke about the Souness thing on the Euro football show on talksport last night and one of the guys explained that Souness was talking BS basically and that the sale was down to the fact that Juve are desperate for money at the moment, due to signing Rabiot and Ramsey and of course Ronaldo last season and they are dangerously close to FFP levels.

Exactly right that. I'd take any of the female pundits I've seen so far above 90% of the "proper football men" they have on Sky.

The likes of Souness, Mills or Crooks are unbelievably ignorant on the subject they are paid very well to comment on and seem to think it far too difficult to do a little prep on the teams and players they know beforehand they're going to be talking about.
Complacent men. They are the sort who think they know it all because they played at the top level.
They don't think they need to do any homework. Unprofessional.
I used to like Bob Wilson. He'd been there all right but he had the intelligence to realise that he had to do more than sit looking smug.

Doubt he is even aware, nor gives a flying f, about what graeme souness has to say
He should, his agent should, and his club should. It's his reputation and he needs to protect it....and it's a sure fire way of getting massive goodwill in the bank if he personally had a go back at that plastic surgery using Kopite freak.

He should, his agent should, and his club should. It's his reputation and he needs to protect it....and it's a sure fire way of getting massive goodwill in the bank if he personally had a go back at that plastic surgery using Kopite freak.

I'd prefer him to just bang a few goals in and show Souness up for the clown that he is that way

Loving this

EDdUeIZXsAAU1fP.jpeg

I'm sorry Dave but this is about a TV pundit using his privileged position to disrespect one of our young payers, and you're using it as a stick to beat Brands with. If Brands did step in you'd be the first to say he should keep his trap shut and stay in the background as he's undermining the manager. A view you've voiced on here before IIRC. This is important Dave and is bigger than you banging your Brands agenda.

You disappoint me.
No I wouldn't. I'd see it as having character and I'd commend it.

As said: if I;d brought a player from Serie A to here and sold him the club, league and culture, I;d feel the need to intervene and put Souness on the spot to make good his remarks.

Are you really suggesting nothing should be done about this? A divvy pipes up in interview, without a shred of evidence, that he thinks there's something dodgy about a player we paid an initial £29M for? Ill bet Souness is bracing himself for it. Let's not disappoint him.

It's not (thank god) otherwise the law would be - 'if someone calls you a racist, then you're a racist' - (It does appear to be this at times!)

Speaking in terms of the law, the 1965 Race Relations Act defines it as treating someone less favourably on grounds of colour, race, or ethnic or national origins. The Equality Act 2010 has a similar definition.

What Souness said wasn't racist. The comparison to Adebayor isn't racist. I don't like the man (nor do I intensely dislike him either) but I don't think he's a racist.
So you don’t think Souness consistently and specifically targeting BAME players is a hint at all then?

Why is he not saying the same about Cutrone? Why does he consistently pick on Pogba, Lingard, Martial and Rashford? Watch the players who he criticises by far the most and there is a definite pattern that emerges

No I wouldn't. I'd see it as having character and I'd commend it.

As said: if I;d brought a player from Serie A to here and sold him the club, league and culture, I;d feel the need to intervene and put Souness on the spot to make good his remarks.

Are you really suggesting nothing should be done about this? A divvy pipes up in interview, without a shred of evidence, that he thinks there's something dodgy about a player we paid an initial £29M for? Ill bet Souness is bracing himself for it. Let's not disappoint him.

Not gonna' happen, you know that...they don't even address fans publicly unless it's a feel-good story, rightly or wrongly.

As an isolated incident, Souness's comments are a dig at Everton and not racist.

The issue seems to be his pattern of behaviour towards black players and then we are in the realms of subtle racism. I doubt any pundit would be openly racist as they would instantly lose their cushy job, but (Big Fat Ron).

Everton should highlight it to Kick it Out, particularly as Kean was subject to abuse in Italy. Souness should be made to explain his baseless comments and made to feel uncomfortable.

I would seriously like to hear John Barnes's take on this.

I would seriously like to hear John Barnes's take on this.
Didnt he stick up for Suarez? If so cant see him having a problem with it.

I'm not certain if this is racist, I remember him (Souness) being horrible to Alex Scott, I use to think that was sexist but now I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.