2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some pundits on SKY wonder why Juve would sell a player to us and people on here seriously think that Everton should enter the debate and make an issue out of nothing at all.

Why would Juve sell such a talented young player is a fair question , there are plenty of good answers like he is in the last year of his contract, is behind Ronaldo in the pecking order and there were racial incidents in the past as well.
Nothing bad was said just questions asked. Hopefully Kean will answer all of those question in the months and years ahead.

A pundit with an absolutely massive platform in the game has decided to label a 19 year old kid as a troublemaker without any facts to support him.

Again, you're leaping to the 'troublemaker' 'bad egg' 'unprofessional' assumptions, none of which was said.

Souness said that 'alarm bells were ringing' in relation to the deal value and the lack of a buy-back clause.

Literally, to a man, everyone on here was surprised at the value we got Kean at, with no buy-back clause.

Naturally, as fans, we chose to paint the brighter picture that Brands had done a great job to get such an incredible deal.

The alternative picture to be painted is that perhaps not all was well and perhaps Juve didn't quite have the faith in Kean that we do.

The latter picture is one that we don't want to consider. I hope that the former is the result and we can all laugh at Souness for another horrendous shout.

His quality isn't the issue. The problem most of us are having here is that a pundit with an absolutely massive platform in the game has decided to label a 19 year old kid as a troublemaker without any facts to support him and remaining wilfully oblivious to the factors in Kean's departure. It can have an effect on a young player.

Souness has basically made a wild accusation, Kean can't defend himself and shouldn't have ever been put in a position where he had to. This stuff needs to be called out, Raheem Sterling is still tagged with the lazy assumptions made about him at the breakout of his career

The definition of racism in English law is - " if another person deems the words / behaviour of another to be racist " ( or words to that effect )

Souness (imo ), is sailing very close to this .

He knew exactly where he was going with this, everyone else knew exactly where he was going with this.

However to make it stick against him would be nigh impossible.

He was cowardly rat on the pitch ( albeit a magnificent player ) and he`s proving that he`s a cowardly rat off it too.

Never mind the chairman, I would have thought if you were Marcel Brands who spent ages running ther rule over this lad you'd wish to get in there and not only defend the player you bought but also defend your own decision to bring him in.

It's Brands' job to get out there and deal with this. Otherwise other divvies in the "commentariat" will lazily put their tuppenceworth in and the lad's head gets messed with. If I was Kean I'd demand some rejoinder from the club...or deal with it myself.
I'm sorry Dave but this is about a TV pundit using his privileged position to disrespect one of our young payers, and you're using it as a stick to beat Brands with. If Brands did step in you'd be the first to say he should keep his trap shut and stay in the background as he's undermining the manager. A view you've voiced on here before IIRC. This is important Dave and is bigger than you banging your Brands agenda.

You disappoint me.

The definition of racism in English law is - " if another person deems the words / behaviour of another to be racist " ( or words to that effect )

It's not (thank god) otherwise the law would be - 'if someone calls you a racist, then you're a racist' - (It does appear to be this at times!)

Speaking in terms of the law, the 1965 Race Relations Act defines it as treating someone less favourably on grounds of colour, race, or ethnic or national origins. The Equality Act 2010 has a similar definition.

What Souness said wasn't racist. The comparison to Adebayor isn't racist. I don't like the man (nor do I intensely dislike him either) but I don't think he's a racist.

I don't think i believe its a racist slur, i believe Souness dislikes the fact we've collected a top talent at a decent price. His rage is so badly delivered and interepreted that its been made into whatever you want it to be.

At no point did i think he was being an open racist. A narrow minded old man, yes 100% i don't see any sly racism or open in my own humble opinion.

It's not (thank god) otherwise the law would be - 'if someone calls you a racist, then you're a racist' - (It does appear to be this at times!)

Speaking in terms of the law, the 1965 Race Relations Act defines it as treating someone less favourably on grounds of colour, race, or ethnic or national origins. The Equality Act 2010 has a similar definition.

What Souness said wasn't racist. The comparison to Adebayor isn't racist. I don't like the man (nor do I intensely dislike him either) but I don't think he's a racist.

Wrong act smart arse.

It would fall under the Public Order Act 1986.

You`re welcome.

I don't think i believe its a racist slur, i believe Souness dislikes the fact we've collected a top talent at a decent price. His rage is so badly delivered and interepreted that its been made into whatever you want it to be.

At no point did i think he was being an open racist. A narrow minded old man, yes 100% i don't see any sly racism or open in my own humble opinion.
Nothing racist in anything he said IMO, just a very thinly veiled bitch whine from a sour old shobgite. File under meh.

I read an article recently about how pundits are confusing football fans by making sweeping statements and sharing ill informed views. Danny Mills was mentioned as he laballed Sheffield United a ‘direct’ team, despite the fact they were in the bottom half of the championship for long balls played last season. He just made it up, basically. This is another perfect example of such laziness.

What has made Souness think Kean has a bad attitude? Some may say it’s prejudice and/or racism and they may be right to an extent but at the very least it’s incredibly lazy. All he had to do is do a quick Google search and he would have the full story of how poorly he was treated/his desire for first team football within 20 minutes. But no, he just made an ill advised assumption.

Why is he even in that position if he can’t be arsed to research the team’s he is commentating on? I have no doubt that many people on here have a better knowledge of modern day football than Souness.

Female pundits get a bit of stick but I must admit the ones I’ve seen are very knowledgable about what they’re talking about and actually seem to put in the time to researching the game and the teams they are about to commentate on.

I read an article recently about how pundits are confusing football fans by making sweeping statements and sharing ill informed views. Danny Mills was mentioned as he laballed Sheffield United a ‘direct’ team, despite the fact they were in the bottom half of the championship for long balls played last season. He just made it up, basically. This is another perfect example of such laziness.

What has made Souness think Kean has a bad attitude? Some may say it’s prejudice and/or racism and they may be right to an extent but at the very least it’s incredibly lazy. All he had to do is do a quick Google search and he would have the full story of how poorly he was treated/his desire for first team football within 20 minutes. But no, he just made an ill advised assumption.

Why is he even in that position if he can’t be arsed to research the team’s he is commentating on? I have no doubt that many people on here have a better knowledge of modern day football than Souness.

Female pundits get a bit of stick but I must admit the ones I’ve seen are very knowledgable about what they’re talking about and actually seem to put in the time to researching the game and the teams they are about to commentate on.

Exactly right that. I'd take any of the female pundits I've seen so far above 90% of the "proper football men" they have on Sky.

The likes of Souness, Mills or Crooks are unbelievably ignorant on the subject they are paid very well to comment on and seem to think it far too difficult to do a little prep on the teams and players they know beforehand they're going to be talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.