2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all guessing and it's all speculation - nobody knows why Juve sold Kean. That's precisely the point.

Right, but if one were to make educated guesses, the list would look something like this

1. He only had a year left on his contract, and Juve had to sell
2. He is 19, with not a huge amount of game time under his belt. The demand may not have been there
3. He didn't want to stay at Juve for any longer than he had to, having been racially abused and see his captain back his abusers
4. His agent has a known relationship with Marcel Brands, our director of football
5. Most likely, a combination of all of the above

Souness went straight for the "Adebayor" button because he is a dinosaur with no other point of reference or info apart from another black player he vaguely remembers from a decade ago

Right, but if one were to make educated guesses, the list would look something like this

2. He is 19, with not a huge amount of game time under his belt. The demand may not have been there
3. He didn't want to stay at Juve for any longer than he had to, having been racially abused and see his captain back his abusers
4. His agent has a known relationship with Marcel Brands, our director of football

Souness went straight for the "Adebayor" button because he is a dinosaur with no other point of reference or info apart from another black player he vaguely remembers from a decade ago
Plus the fact that they offered him new contracts and also did their best to insert buy back clauses would tell anybody with the slightest bit of common sense, or wasn't an absolute WUM, that they really didn't want him to leave.

But they are assumptions in points 1, 2 and 3. Treated as facts. Alluding to the alternative, negative and derogatory of these assumptions is what has caused the uproar.

On point 1, 'why have Juve allowed such an obvious talent to get to 1 year remaining on his contract?'

On point 2, 'If the demand wasn't there, why not?' is the point Souness is making.

On point 3, again you could be right, but we don't know this to be the case.

On point 4, agents have relationships with most directors of Football. If the deal wasn't right, then I'm sure the 'relationship' wouldn't have mattered.

the fact that they did their best to insert buy back clauses

they really didn't want him to leave.

Point 1, not a fact. A guess. Important to differentiate between the two.

Point 2, if they didn't want him to leave, he wouldn't have left.

You're being a complete nobhead today and I have better things to do.

Sorry mods it had to be said.

No need to get personal or fall out. It's a discussion.

You have your point and I have mine. It's a polite disagreement.

But they are assumptions in points 1, 2 and 3. Treated as facts. Alluding to the alternative, negative and derogatory of these assumptions is what has caused the uproar.

On point 1, 'why have Juve allowed such an obvious talent to get to 1 year remaining on his contract?'

On point 2, 'If the demand wasn't there, why not?' is the point Souness is making.

On point 3, again you could be right, but we don't know this to be the case.

On point 4, agents have relationships with most directors of Football. If the deal wasn't right, then I'm sure the 'relationship' wouldn't have mattered.

Point 1, not a fact. A guess. Important to differentiate between the two.

Point 2, if they didn't want him to leave, he wouldn't have left.

Well okay, I did say they were a list of educated guesses to begin with, but I'll rewrite the facts of it without the assumptions

1. He only had a year left on his contract
2. He is 19, with not a huge amount of game time under his belt
3. He was racially abused and saw his captain back his abusers

Graeme Souness' explanation: He's Adebayor

Well okay, I did say they were a list of educated guesses to begin with, but I'll rewrite the facts of it without the assumptions

1. He only had a year left on his contract
2. He is 19, with not a huge amount of game time under his belt
3. He was racially abused and saw his captain back his abusers

Graeme Souness' explanation: He's Adebayor

To be fair, if he turns out as good as Adebayor, I'll be happy enough.

Fully agree mate.

Reminds me a little bit of the Holgate affair with Firmino and then the alleged homophobic tweets. I felt he was hung out to dry by the club.

Kean has only been in the country a couple of months and has done absolutely nothing to warrant those comments from Souness. The club should at least make a statement condemning the remarks, but I think we should go one step further and lodge a formal complaint to Sky. Their "impartial experts" should not be allowed to say anything they want with impunity. Also, remember we have a lad here who has a history of his club not supporting him.

I know he isn't the first person on your candlelit dinner invitation list Dave, but this is the sort of thing that our Chairman is very good at.
Never mind the chairman, I would have thought if you were Marcel Brands who spent ages running ther rule over this lad you'd wish to get in there and not only defend the player you bought but also defend your own decision to bring him in.

It's Brands' job to get out there and deal with this. Otherwise other divvies in the "commentariat" will lazily put their tuppenceworth in and the lad's head gets messed with. If I was Kean I'd demand some rejoinder from the club...or deal with it myself.

To be fair, if he turns out as good as Adebayor, I'll be happy enough.

His quality isn't the issue. The problem most of us are having here is that a pundit with an absolutely massive platform in the game has decided to label a 19 year old kid as a troublemaker without any facts to support him and remaining wilfully oblivious to the factors in Kean's departure. It can have an effect on a young player.

Souness has basically made a wild accusation, Kean can't defend himself and shouldn't have ever been put in a position where he had to. This stuff needs to be called out, Raheem Sterling is still tagged with the lazy assumptions made about him at the breakout of his career

Never mind the chairman, I would have thought if you were Marcel Brands who spent ages running ther rule over this lad you'd wish to get in there and not only defend the player you bought but also defend your own decision to bring him in.

It's Brands' job to get out there and deal with this. Otherwise other divvies in the "commentariat" will lazily put their tuppenceworth in and the lad's head gets messed with. If I was Kean I'd demand some rejoinder from the club...or deal with it myself.

Doubt he is even aware, nor gives a flying f, about what graeme souness has to say

Status
Not open for further replies.