Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raiola is good friends with Brands, can hardly see him using us as leverage - I'd say its genuine interest. I'd also hazard a guess the low buy back clause is rubbish too.
Raiola would use his own mother for leverage if he thought he could squeeze a couple more quid out of a deal.

Guy’s a proper slime-ball.

If this happens then it'll have been agreed awhile ago imo because there's not a whisper of us looking at another striker atm.

If you're a club who plays European football every season & does well, a club that can get to the quarterfinals of the domestic cups most seasons then it's far easier to have a full squad of solid players. Plenty of games to go around.
If you finish 8th & do bad in the cups then game time is at a premium. Not so easy to keep good players on a bench.
Yeah but we're not talking about having 2 boss players for every position. 4 top players to cover the front 3, with 2 squad players like DCL and Walcott/Lookman as squad players. All 6 will get game time and the 4 quality players will get minutes every match when fit. Same with the midfield. We need at least 4 top players to cover the 3 positions and 2 squad players like Davies

I would say overall we need 14/15 top quality players if we are to put a proper challenge in for top 4. At the moment we have 10. So we need at least 4 more. A Striker, a left footed wide man, a BTB type central midfielder, and a strong and quick central defender. We won't need Europe to keep that many happy

Raiola is good friends with Brands, can hardly see him using us as leverage - I'd say its genuine interest. I'd also hazard a guess the low buy back clause is rubbish too.
This is why I can’t see a loan - he’s out of contract next summer.

This is why I can’t see a loan - he’s out of contract next summer.

There was a rumour that Juve were going to extend his contract then loan him out, would fit with the same kinda deal they apparently want with the buy back. Guess they know hes got tons of potential but know they cant play him themselves, so new deal and loan, or buyback, seems the route they want to go down. Money talks though, maybe they will take a bigger cash bid

Yeah but we're not talking about having 2 boss players for every position. 4 top players to cover the front 3, with 2 squad players like DCL and Walcott/Lookman as squad players. All 6 will get game time and the 4 quality players will get minutes every match when fit. Same with the midfield. We need at least 4 top players to cover the 3 positions and 2 squad players like Davies

I would say overall we need 14/15 top quality players if we are to put a proper challenge in for top 4. At the moment we have 10. So we need at least 4 more. A Striker, a left footed wide man, a BTB type central midfielder, and a strong and quick central defender. We won't need Europe to keep that many happy

Who are the 10 ?

Juve would be under no obligation to buy him back even with a buy back clause if he turned out to be crap

Exactly , only way they want him is to buy him for their first team meaning he’s quality , or buy him to sell meaning he is worth more than the buy back clause . Makes no sense at all for us , basically if he’s crap or average then we get to keep him

Spot on. Kean is better than Calvert-Lewin right now, but his potential is driving the high fee. If we just wanted a player for this year, we'd just move for someone like Edin Dzeko. It just misses the point and benefit of buying younger players.
Is he though? Serie A and the Prem totally different animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.