Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to come round to the idea of the buy back clause.. I think he's a massive risk at anything over 30mil due to lack of experience. Push it up to 45-50mil buy back and I'd go for it... unless Brand's sources have told him Moise is a special talent in which case we may fork out, but it seems a huge risk on our part to me.
Juve would be under no obligation to buy him back even with a buy back clause if he turned out to be crap

This wannabe couldn’t displace Dom.
Day one, Nymzee.

DCL is valuable in his ability to win stuff in the air and to pressure. He's very disruptive as we've seen in the opponent's end and that's definitely worth something. He's going to continue to improve. But he simply isn't good enough holding the ball up, he's not a very good passer - sure, he does make the odd incisive pass every now and again, but otherwise he's really careless with it, and isn't he best at controlling the thing under pressure at least compared to other strikers in the league.

I'm starting to come round to the idea of the buy back clause.. I think he's a massive risk at anything over 30mil due to lack of experience. Push it up to 45-50mil buy back and I'd go for it... unless Brand's sources have told him Moise is a special talent in which case we may fork out, but it seems a huge risk on our part to me.
To be clear, the kid is a special talent. Like elite talent. He's not an elite player yet, but he could be a world class striker. No exaggeration. Mbappe is obviously better, but even he's 20 and will turn 21 before Kean even turns 20. Kean is REALLY young, but has played minutes in Serie A for both Juventus and Verona.

I think a guy like Rafael Leao, who is the other young talent we've been linked to is really talented, but he's older than Kean and hasn't quite been as productive, either. They are comparable, but think Kean is the brighter talent. Put it this way - I think Kean is better equipped to come in and play right away than Leao.

Or you go with Goat's boy, Seb Haller and hope he can adapt to the PL quickly.

To be clear, the kid is a special talent. Like elite talent. He's not an elite player yet, but he could be a world class striker. No exaggeration. Mbappe is obviously better, but even he's 20 and will turn 21 before Kean even turns 20. Kean is REALLY young, but has played minutes in Serie A for both Juventus and Verona.

I think a guy like Rafael Leao, who is the other young talent we've been linked to is really talented, but he's older than Kean and hasn't quite been as productive, either. They are comparable, but think Kean is the brighter talent. Put it this way - I think Kean is better equipped to come in and play right away than Leao.

All of them are massive gambles, even the boy Haller.

No matter how talented they are, this league is a leveller, you need much more than talent.

Anybody we buy will need a bedding in period.

Day one, Nymzee.

DCL is valuable in his ability to win stuff in the air and to pressure. He's very disruptive as we've seen in the opponent's end and that's definitely worth something. He's going to continue to improve. But he simply isn't good enough holding the ball up, he's not a very good passer - sure, he does make the odd incisive pass every now and again, but otherwise he's really careless with it, and isn't he best at controlling the thing under pressure at least compared to other strikers in the league.

You know I was joking, right?

How similar would you say he is to a young Lukaku?

A loan would be fine, but if Brandalf gets an option to buy in there it would be perfect.

Not the most reliable source though.

I would take a loan with an option to buy over the 40m buy back. He would have to sign a new contract with Juventus first though as he would be a free agent after the loan. His price would be quite steep after the loan if successful.
We would have to do that Everton thing where we are all hugs & happiness to the player to make him want to stay.

When did the upside stop being the player being good and start being making a profit though? Obviously in an ideal world you have the possibility of doing both, but surely it’s just plain wrong to say there’s very limited upside to having a good player

It's his age... He's only 19...

If we were getting a 22/23 year old, I'd be fine with getting 2 good years out of a player before losing him (better than nothing).... But at 19, we likely won't be getting a player who we can be our main striker for most of the season, jeez DCL is 22 and I'm told by optimists he's still developing into a player...lukaku was 20, but he had a season with West brom before us (and its also rare young strikers have the impact he did)...

I would take a loan with an option to buy over the 40m buy back. He would have to sign a new contract with Juventus first though as he would be a free agent after the loan.
I agree however I didn’t realise he was free next year. Surely they’d prefer a sale now?

I’d like permanent myself but the try before you buy worked for Moyes and it seems to be working for Brands.

I hope we get him simply because the last striker we signed was Sandro. Two years ago.

I agree however I didn’t realise he was free next year. Surely they’d prefer a sale now?

I’d like permanent myself but the try before you buy worked for Moyes and it seems to be working for Brands.

I hope we get him simply because the last striker we signed was Sandro. Two years ago.

Im very concerned this is just his horrid Agent using us to get his client a fatter contract sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.