Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works better than people claiming "we can't LOSE!" when we take all the risk for very little reward.
Well we can certainly lose yes, but no more so than in most deals. Still, I was more just pointing out that the two things really weren't comparable, just in case you thought they were. If you didn't and were just exaggerating for effect then fair enough, I apologise for being slow.

Only ever seen highlights and celebrations from this fella but out of all the players we’re currently linked with with he’s the one I’m most excited

Mainly cus I think striker is the only position we NEED a signing in, and it would be big if Brands manages to cop a highly rated young player like this from a top 5 club in the world

Only ever seen highlights and celebrations from this fella but out of all the players we’re currently linked with with he’s the one I’m most excited

Mainly cus I think striker is the only position we NEED a signing in, and it would be big if Brands manages to cop a highly rated young player like this from a top 5 club in the world

Still Zouma for me.

Would keep a settled squad and be a big boost to see both loans wanting to stay.
That indicates we are on the right path.

And we know Kurt fitted in well and would be committed.

But you can't send any signing who flops back, that's the point. It's just one of the risks of signing any player in the world, it's in no way unique to the type of deal we're talking about.

But if the player comes good you either a) Get to keep a good player or b) sell for a big profit.

That's the risk reward aspect of buying players. There is none of that in this deal it's all risk for us. If he does well we loose him instantly for less then what he is worth and if he flops we have just blown 30m on a bad player.

If I'm honest though I think this isn't the deal that will end up happening, if it does end up happening.

But if the player comes good you either a) Get to keep a good player or b) sell for a big profit.

That's the risk reward aspect of buying players. There is none of that in this deal it's all risk for us. If he does well we loose him instantly for less then what he is worth and if he flops we have just blown 30m on a bad player.

If I'm honest though I think this isn't the deal that will end up happening, if it does end up happening.
Yeah I get the argument, and as I said, I agree that it's certainly not ideal. Again though, it's just not right to say there's no upside. If he scores 40 goals in 2 seasons and then we make £10m that's a bloody big upside. It's not as good as him scoring 40 goals and us making a £40m profit no, but it's still good. That's all i'm saying, the deal we're talking about isn't perfect, but it's really not necessarily this absolute disaster that people are painting it as. If he's good for 2 years then he's worth having, if he's not good for 2 years then we'd have lost out anyway regardless of any clauses.

Can't say I'm overly excited by that video!

Same issue with Malcom videos, they played so little games in last year that a video of best moments is tough to put together as apposed to someone 38 games of regular playing time, which can make anyone look good

Status
Not open for further replies.