Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consistency.

If he comes in, scores 25 and then is packed back for peanuts, we're back to square one. A minor profit doesn't compensate having to redo your attack every year.
I agree in part (only in part because scoring 25 goals would potentially more than compensate for it, that type of return on top of what we already have could get us into the Champions League or win a cup, putting us in a much stronger position to recruit), and I've made that exact point myself previously regarding loans. I don't like having players on loan really, as you end up in a situation like we are now, where we're looking at having to pay out £50m+ just to stay as good as we were last season. My point was that I don't really see this type of deal as being much worse than a loan, which most people have no issue with.

I agree in part (only in part because scoring 25 goals would potentially more than compensate for it, that type of return on top of what we already have could get us into the Champions League or win a cup, putting us in a much stronger position to recruit), and I've made that exact point myself previously regarding loans. I don't like having players on loan really, as you end up in a situation like we are now, where we're looking at having to pay out £50m+ just to stay as good as we were last season. My point was that I don't really see this type of deal as being much worse than a loan, which most people have no issue with.

It's better than a loan as you have the potential for profit. But it's much, much worse than a permanent deal.

If this was for a back-up/squad striker, basically a punt, then sure. But not for the first team.

If a buy back clause is inserted surely it should have an expiry date. Problem is if he is crap we lose big time if he is good then he goes back and we make a measley 10m or so then Juve sell him for bigger bucks. Win win for Juve

This is a league where we've seen the likes of Higuain and Morata - high pedigree players - come in and do nothing for top clubs.

That's how hard it is to get a coherent striker at the upper levels of this league. If you get one, you keep hold of him - chopping and changing every year with the idea of incremental upgrades is a foolish strategy.
Agreed. But if the big clubs come knocking, it's hard to keep them anyway. Different argument I suppose.

I know nothing of this kid but it a tough league for a 19year old striker to hit the ground running and folks want someone who will hit the ground running.

So, for those who think they know him, can he hit the ground running in the Prem at 19, theres not been many who have has there?

I know nothing of this kid but it a tough league for a 19year old striker to hit the ground running and folks want someone who will hit the ground running.

So, for those who think they know him, can he hit the ground running in the Prem at 19, theres not been many who have has there?

I think he's got everything needed to make a go of it in the Premier League. He's certainly got all the physical attributes. Would just be a question mark if leading the line week in week out would burn him out eventually whilst he is still developing.

I think he's got everything needed to make a go of it in the Premier League. He's certainly got all the physical attributes. Would just be a question mark if leading the line week in week out would burn him out eventually whilst he is still developing.

I guess the question is, between kean and DCL do we get the necessary goals to make the next step as this is why everyone wants a new striker to close the gap until if/when DCL starts slotting more regularly.

No. Absolutely not. Hes a kid. Technically and mentally hes been unpredictable. I think he'd be an exciting signing for the long term but taking on all the risk for little gain with a buyback clause seems senseless.

For those saying "why WOULDN'T we do £40m buy back??" let's flip this around.

Let's say Juve sign him to a new contract, loan him to us for 2 years and then we demand they put a "We'll pay you £10m at the end of that loan if we want to keep", do you think they'd accept?

Let's say Juve sign him to a new contract, loan him to us for 2 years and then we demand they put a "We'll pay you £10m at the end of that loan if we want to keep", do you think they'd accept?
It will all come down to him signing a new contract, if he doesn’t then juve aren’t in a strong position to start dictating.

The thing is if he doesn’t want to sign a new deal, and wants out, maybe because of the racist incident. Then why would he want to go back in 2yrs.

It will all come down to him signing a new contract, if he doesn’t then juve aren’t in a strong position to start dictating.

The thing is if he doesn’t want to sign a new deal, and wants out, maybe because of the racist incident. Then why would he want to go back in 2yrs.

"Dear Moise,

How would you like the opportunity to come back and bang them in for the best team in your home country? Sorry about the victim blaming, please accept this wheelbarrow full of cash by way of an apology.

Yours,

La Vecchia Signora"

Doesn't really work as a comparison.

@catcherintherye
Can answer this better than me.
I know he has mentioned he has received threats of physical violence from the cult (yes thats an L ) in the past

You get the odd PM on twitter now. Lots of mentions on there. On the forum I remember they were going into some detail how myself, desk and Davek might be having a punch up and seemingly delighting in how they would like to pound me. All rather juvenile, other than to say it's very likely they would beat me to a pulp as I'm a terrible fighter, and that I like Esk and Davek so no risk of that.

On the whole it's more dog whistle than explicit though. Lots of misreporting what I will say and then allowing (what I would consider mentally unstable) people to get angry.

I haven't looked on there in a while though, I'd imagine (and hope) they'd be pleased after winning a trophy and not too obsessed with me, but you never can tell!

it was me but I cant find the quote either

Yes strange that. I remember writing it out and saying how it just seemed to make sense as a deal, even if at that stage it appeared a relatively tenuous link.

In lieu of being able to locate I will have to offer my apologies though @orly and withdraw the statement. I think most people on here are quite aware I am most definitely not an ITK and would certainly not claim to be! Some things just seem to make a bit more sense though. If anyone was misled, I reiterate the above, I comment on my opinions not because of any inside information!

Status
Not open for further replies.