Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we loan him, and he shows more potential, than we don't get to sign him....

If we buy him for 30m with the buy back clause, we spend 2 years developing him, only to lose him on the cheap..

If Juve don't intend on playing him this season, and Silva & Brands believe he's the right option for us, then we need to negotiate the permanent transfer, minus the buy-back clause (or certainly with a much higher fee)... We're taking all the financial risk, and we're gonna be the club developing the player...
I agree. I said several pages back that i don't understand this situation. Something isn't right.

No idea, the sheer volume of outlets reporting it would suggest there might be something in it, but ive lost track of who can and cant be trusted these days.

I have a deep distrust of ALL media, the French and Italian are the utter worst.

But it doesnt mean they are always wrong.

So yeah, its pointless trying to guess whats going on at this point for me, just ride the wave and see who washes up at the end.
It goes :

I tweet
You tweet
He tweets
She tweets
They all bloody tweet
The same thing

If keane signs I can’t see Calvert Lewin wanting to stay and fight for his place given that he is older than keane and has more experience. I imagine he would get sold to someone like Southampton.
Read before you write
I read mate. Sorry I just believe he will get plenty of game time even if we sign Kean. Personally I think you need a range of options. DCL will initially be our main striker with Kean or whoever we get rotating in and out and coming on as sub. I can't see DCL wanting to leave at all. Also we need to get out of this mindset that we have eleven players and if we buy anyone they will instantly replace them and the player won't get game time ever again. Football is now a squad game not an eleven players game. You need options, last season we had DCL and Richarlison who isn't comfortable yet as choices. Tosun and Niasse aren't up to standard. Look at the RS and City and how many forwards and striking options they have the truth is you need a range of attacking options and DCL will be one of those, we need someone more clinical to work with and rotate with him.

I read mate. Sorry I just believe he will get plenty of game time even if we sign Kean. Personally I think you need a range of options. DCL will initially be our main striker with Kean or whoever we get rotating in and out and coming on as sub. I can't see DCL wanting to leave at all. Also we need to get out of this mindset that we have eleven players and if we buy anyone they will instantly replace them and the player won't get game time ever again. Football is now a squad game not an eleven players game. You need options, last season we had DCL and Richarlison who isn't comfortable yet as choices. Tosun and Niasse aren't up to standard. Look at the RS and City and how many forwards and striking options they have the truth is you need a range of attacking options and DCL will be one of those, we need someone more clinical to work with and rotate with him.
If you're a club who plays European football every season & does well, a club that can get to the quarterfinals of the domestic cups most seasons then it's far easier to have a full squad of solid players. Plenty of games to go around.
If you finish 8th & do bad in the cups then game time is at a premium. Not so easy to keep good players on a bench.

Makes sense. Explains the lack of loan to buy shouts.

Only thing I can think fo is

A. Juve will extend contract and then loan maybe with an option to buy
B. We will loan with an obligation to buy at the end of 19/20 so that finances are okay for this period.

If you're a club who plays European football every season & does well, a club that can get to the quarterfinals of the domestic cups most seasons then it's far easier to have a full squad of solid players. Plenty of games to go around.
If you finish 8th & do bad in the cups then game time is at a premium. Not so easy to keep good players on a bench.
I take the point but you still need more than one first team standard striker don't you?! Tosun and Niasse aren't up to standard or don't fit Silva's system. Also we hope to be in European competition at some point don't we? DCL isn't a finisher either we are currently way too reliant on goals from Richarlison and Sig, we need goals from others and more cutting edge that's the only way to compete. Also DCL is a kid and he won't be kicking off he is progressing and will get enough games even if we bring someone else in, some games will suit his hold up/work hard style. Maybe he won't make the grade and be sold in the future but that's another question. We need more options off the bench. Look at our bench who on there can change a game? Theo? Lookman? Tosun? All inconsistent.

I take the point but you still need more than one first team standard striker don't you?! Tosun and Niasse aren't up to standard or don't fit Silva's system. Also we hope to be in European competition at some point don't we? DCL isn't a finisher either we are currently way too reliant on goals from Richarlison and Sig, we need goals from others and more cutting edge that's the only way to compete. Also DCL is a kid he won't be kicking off he is progressing and will get enough games even if we bring someone else in.
It's a tough balance. Players are quick to up sticks nowadays. Of course we need options though. Would be easier to keep DCL on the bench right now but even he will get itchy feet soon enough.

It's a tough balance. Players are quick to up sticks nowadays. Of course we need options though. Would be easier to keep DCL on the bench right now but even he will get itchy feet soon enough.
I think he will get enough games. He is currently our main striker even if someone comes in. The new striker will have to rotate in and out come off the bench. We may even play two up front at times, unique idea I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.