Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes even though he has world class potential it's a big risk, but a risk I'd love to see Everton take. Getting 'proven' players for big fees are also a big risk. See Bolasie and Schneiderlin for example.
Loan with a buy option would make sense with young unproven players.

Bit of a stretch to assume that! I just think that we shouldn’t make out that Keans accomplishments are due to crap defences in Italy. He has great potential. Any big money signing on a young talent would be a risk however.
No assumption hence the ?

Remember when bobby signed Barry on loan for the last year of his city contract and still paid a fee to sign him? Another first by Everton football club . First team to have under soil heating and first to pay a transfer fee to a club for a player that is a free agent and over 24
Yeah, that was a weird situation. At least we didnt pay more than around a million, if memory serves.

Is he though? Serie A and the Prem totally different animals.
I definitely think so. Does DCL do some things better? Yes. He can get his head on stuff that Kean can't. He's shown he can be very disruptive in the opponent's half - Kean has not quite shown that as much, although he has the mobility to do so. But nothing else. Kean is faster - yes, I know Dom can run - with the ball and without. This kid does stuff at incredible speed. He can take players on. He's very strong on the ball, holds it better than DCL, and can absolutely finish with both feet. Dom is a pretty bad passer and his first touch is still developing. Yes he can make the occassional incisive pass, he's clearly got potential, too. But I see Kean already as a better and more complete player.

Serie A is different, no question, but defenses aren't easy to break down there, either. So to me, it's not that much of a risk because I think he'll come in and start right away. Don't get me wrong, every transfer is a risk. This kid is going to be super expensive and is considered one of the brightest young players in the game. I think Juventus is MAD to let him go.

However, if you told me you'd rather let Dom develop a bring in a veteran like Dzeko or someone that is more of a sure thing, I'd be fine with that. I think that might be the right way to go in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.