Homepage Update: Mirallas departs Blues for Olympiacos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very happy to see him back at Olympiacos. Was excellent here in the league and the Champion's League during his time in Piraeus. Was always amazed how he was never a regular at Everton when he first signed - but the negative stigma of coming from the Greek league is usually a tough one to overcome. He was in sensational form leaving Olympiacos. I know he has never stopped loving the club which is a positive for us.

How much of his demise was down to his injuries and how bad where they?

Cheers.

Constant hamstring injuries which as a sprinter are par for the course he has lost that intial burst of pace that would take him clear which means he has to shoot earlier before he gets caught because as we all know passing isnt really an option for our Kev.

It is hard to know whether his finishing is still the same which was always one of his strengths because he doesnt get the chance to be in on goal as his speed has gone. I hope he does well even if he was a tit he leaves with some good memories and he was a rarity in that he often turned it on in the big games.

Constant hamstring injuries which as a sprinter are par for the course he has lost that intial burst of pace that would take him clear which means he has to shoot earlier before he gets caught because as we all know passing isnt really an option for our Kev.

What a shame. His pace was incredible as Olympiacos.

Hopefully this gives the likes of Lookman more of a chance to feature in the squad regularly. Went off him quite a while ago, came off as a disinterested figure that's a drag on the wage bill.

Jagielka and Baines are the twin pillars upon which mediocrity rests.

They're living monuments to how this club refuses to have on-field ambition.

i respect the fact that everyone is entitled to an opinion and this is yours.
but ive got nothing but 100% respect and admiration for these 2 players more than any in the squad and the last 20 years at the club (along with cahill and howard).
not only have they given us a great and long service , but they have been loyal class and impeccable.
I'm also not ageist and still think they have a job to do here for a few seasons yet.

any lb that comes in has a job to dislodge baines in that position , and jags is still our best performing cb, im sure he still would be even if we were the club that spent £75 on van dijk.
both on merit and ability too rather than favouritism.
against Liverpool , jags was the best performer on the pitch.

the words baines Jagielka and mediocrity do not belong in the same sentence , ever !

I don't hate the lad but I couldn't care less what happens to in his career now, whether he somehow ends up with Champions League winners' medal or his career was ended by injury tomorrow.

Had a lot of potential, didn't come close to fulfilling it, had more crap moments than good and was here FAR too long. Taraa Kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.