Match Thread Millwall v Everton, FA Cup 4th round, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Osman is fuming on MOTD. Pienaar is fuming on twitter. Nev is fuming on twitter.

Unfortunately none of our current players will care one jot about the result today as they are probably preparing for a night out in London town and a 17 day break in February.

I don't want to make accusations, but I noticed yesterday that we have that enormous break if we lost, and it did make me worry about some of our players.
I think they should go to Dubai for a warm winter fortnight break to recharge their batteries.
It worked for Man Utd so why not for us. Let them take their missus so they can have lots of sex as well.
We could raise the prices of season tickets to fund the trip

If it carries on there’ll be a massive overreaction by the authorities once again spoiling football for the masses.

Yes mate, probably the first year we make the champions league UEFA will slap another 5 year ban down. Ok, we aren’t making the champions league...

Strange that I’m finding it easier to talk about the violence than even try to think about that cow pat of a performance.

Yup, people starting to realise what we lost in Moyes. Him too, I expect.

The only difference between Silva and Martinez and relegation is money. Moyes had us frequently top 7, with Europe and fa cup runs with very little money.

Let's stop the farce and get back to basics. We're not one of these 'survival' clubs that needs an overseas horde of players. We need a British manager that's gonna make a (not this) team fight. Sigs has zero leadership in a key position. Pickford, Keane, Coleman, digne, mina and zouma ok. Lookman, Rico, dcl. The rest go.

I suspect that will be Brands plan.

The referees were really poor, I'd like to think everyone has a bad day, but this wasn't even slightly convincing.

I would have like to have thought that such a poor performance from the officials would warrant investigation as I'm sure they made plenty off that.

Two firms that turned up with intent. Your lot getting plenty of respect on the Wall forums. Looked nasty for the fella that got cut. Although why your first thought is to take a selfie is an odd reaction.

Anybody that turns up to a game of football with the intention of fighting is a waste of skin as far as I'm concerned, and whoever turns up with a knife should have the book thrown at them.

Not condoning the football violence but I do wish our players had some of the bottle that our fans who stood toe to toe with the Millwall fans had during that video. Like I said not condoning but our players lack any fight. . if we had it we may be in the top 6

Tbh I didn’t watch a minute of the game and when I saw the result I thought the whole of the GOT forum would ready to burn the club down but instead I found that there was just a general sense of depression and defeat. Did this loss break our fan base to the point we’ve all given up and accept these results?
Nah, most could see it coming a mile off, including the TV, burning the club down is a shock reaction, this is just one in a long line, therefor nothing special now

Yup, people starting to realise what we lost in Moyes. Him too, I expect.

The only difference between Silva and Martinez and relegation is money. Moyes had us frequently top 7, with Europe and fa cup runs with very little money.

Let's stop the farce and get back to basics. We're not one of these 'survival' clubs that needs an overseas horde of players. We need a British manager that's gonna make a (not this) team fight. Sigs has zero leadership in a key position. Pickford, Keane, Coleman, digne, mina and zouma ok. Lookman, Rico, dcl. The rest go.
You can tell its bad when the 'M' word gets bandied about...mostly not in jest either.

Get in your Sgt Major, your PE teacher, but the players have to buy in to it, because the Sgt Major can't put them on a charge and the PE teacher can't beast them round the gym (mores the pity), the most he can do is drop them, he can put one or two to train with the kids, but not 9 or 10. They who just sit and watch in the stands still get paid...see Untd.

Yes because grown men showing up to fight over who’s better at kicking a ball through some sticks is something to be respected. Utter Neanderthals.
It's not something to respect in itself but for the older generations on here will remember the very intense animosity between Millwall and Everton - they hate us.

Millwall and their fans have their well-known reputation which intimates a lot of clubs, whereas we (rightly or wrongly) seem to regularly stand up to that view.

Still, if you turn up for a scrap at a football match then you have to accept the consequences, be that as a Millwall or Everton fan.

...it was just pathetic. 2 goals should’ve been enough but we were defensively awful. I’m reminded of Jagielka talking about Moyes working them hour by hour, day by day on defending set pieces. In the end they knew exactly what to do and rarely conceded in 2 seasons.

I think folk feel we have inept coaches and are resigned that this manifests itself on the pitch. Depressing.

I watched the milwall league game last week and posted the stat I heard about 50 % of their goals coming from set pieces , it was nothing if not horribly predictable. The one thing we should have done is worked on that and everyone seemed a huge surprise to us .

As a performance it was just so lacking , they’re a poor championship side . It just seemed obvious that all we had to do was dominate the ball , I appreciate conditions didn’t help but it looked like two poor championship sides , we simply didn’t show anything more than them . However poor we’ve been playing we clearly had more ability out there although from watching that you’d never have guessed . Apart from incredibly Brief spells the lack of tempo and fight was just so obvious and I can’t believe a single blue didn’t know what was going to happen when that free kick was awarded .

I’m sure I’m not alone but I was absolutely fed up with that and I’m rapidly running out of patience with the whole club . Silva is reaping the attitude of fans that’s been built up by the previous regimes , the complete discontent is just so obvious as is the apathy both it seems on and off the pitch . If we lose against Huddersfield, which also feels horribly predictable, it’s not going to be pretty against Wolves .

Status
Not open for further replies.