Michael Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few rags stated that Moyes ruled signing Michael Owen out, there were no quotes to back this up like.

we do need a player with a bit of composure, which Owen has
but im still not convinced id take him
I agree that if Moyes was convinced enough i would be happy with him coming tho

Everton favourites to strike Owen deal
11:30 AM 24 May, 2011
Everton Football Club are set to make an offer for Michael Owen.

The England international is currently preparing for the UEFA Champions League final with Manchester United, although the best he can hope for is a place on the bench.

It could well be that Owen has played his last game for the champions, having scored during the 4-2 win over Blackpool on the final day of the Premier League season.

The 30-year-old will be out of contract next month and his chances of being offered fresh terms are slim, meaning he could soon be available on a free transfer.

Fans FC understand David Moyes, who wants to sign at least two new strikers this summer, will offer the former Liverpool star a move to Goodison Park in the coming weeks.

a rumor on the web today
http://www.fansfc.com/story/32467.html

Everton favourites to strike Owen deal
11:30 AM 24 May, 2011
Everton Football Club are set to make an offer for Michael Owen.

The England international is currently preparing for the UEFA Champions League final with Manchester United, although the best he can hope for is a place on the bench.

It could well be that Owen has played his last game for the champions, having scored during the 4-2 win over Blackpool on the final day of the Premier League season.

The 30-year-old will be out of contract next month and his chances of being offered fresh terms are slim, meaning he could soon be available on a free transfer.

Fans FC understand David Moyes, who wants to sign at least two new strikers this summer, will offer the former Liverpool star a move to Goodison Park in the coming weeks.

a rumor on the web today
http://www.fansfc.com/story/32467.html

It's at that point you need to not bother posting these things mate

Bill Kenright has just texted me a photo from the contract negotiations from his iphone.

SuperStock_1527R-1080199.jpg

So I'm supposed to believe that he can actually sit up straight now? Surely that picture must have been doctored.

Waste of time signing Owen completly.

At the right team he still has something to offer.

But these days he is a finisher only and with the lame amount of chances our midfield creates he would do nothing for us.

We need a striker who can create both for himself and others.

Sooner have Becks up front.

So no.

Plus it'd be like signing Alan Smith. He's not recaptured the form of his youth, looks like he's lost interest in the game, is always injured and would command the kind of wages that only 20 goal a season players demand.

Unless we have some kind of miracle cash injection into the club (and jusging by the panic sending out on loan of high wage earners mid season we haven't) how can this be a good deal.

Dunno why but id quite like owen here. As long as it would be an incentive based contract where the basic wage would be realistic, and bump it up for apps/goals. That way we'd see how interested he is still in playing football and wont be too much of a waste if hes injured.

However my guess is hes turned down moyes on more than one occasion, so will prob not want him this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.