2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
25 still fairly young for a Centre Half. We'll just have to see what the new management see in him.
They will see the same as all of us mate.

A young centre half with a fifty pence head, that`s got the turning circle of an HGV and who is incapable of playing in a high line defence, due to his chronic lack of pace.

Sell.

You can't coach leadership though.

I like Keane and Holgate, but as a partnership think they'd get torn apart.

Both of them need an 'organiser' next to them to be at their best.

Which is why the need to bring in a quality CB, and keep Jagielka, is there.

I think experience with sport would likely prove you right. But I don't agree that leadership can't be taught. It's taught all the time to people in all sorts of jobs. It would be possible to do this. Interesting to think about.

I said after the Burnley home match how alarming it was watching Keane getting beaten in the air time and again by Chris Wood.

Sadly, I saw no improvement as the season progressed. What really concerns me is how easily he is brushed aside.

Terrified that his price tag is going to see him start games next season.

He’s absolutely gash. Loan to Burnley with a view to buy for £15-£20m please

I think experience with sport would likely prove you right. But I don't agree that leadership can't be taught. It's taught all the time to people in all sorts of jobs. It would be possible to do this. Interesting to think about.

I don't think so mate

Leadership is something you naturally have or you just don't.

You say it's taught in all sorts of jobs, but actually it isn't. It's gained through experience - which you rightly point out - but even experience doesn't mean you become a good leader - you've got to have certain traits in you.

Jags, for all his faults as a captain, is a good organiser and does take responsibility off others and onto himself. He doesn't look to play the blame game.

Coleman is an ideal captain because he has the nasty streak that Jags doesn't, along with that organising ability to an extent.

I don't think so mate

Leadership is something you naturally have or you just don't.

You say it's taught in all sorts of jobs, but actually it isn't. It's gained through experience - which you rightly point out - but even experience doesn't mean you become a good leader - you've got to have certain traits in you.

Jags, for all his faults as a captain, is a good organiser and does take responsibility off others and onto himself. He doesn't look to play the blame game.

Coleman is an ideal captain because he has the nasty streak that Jags doesn't, along with that organising ability to an extent.
It`s also hard to be a leader, when you`re crap too.

Status
Not open for further replies.