2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much, much better towards the end of the season. Not a bad player by any stretch, but playing with Martina, Williams and Schneiderlin for most of the season has affected his performances.

Will have a good season next year, I'm sure of that. Partnering him with Holgate could prove fruitful

Who would you suggest is a great example of a top CB?

Oh, wouldn't you know it.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...nst-liverpool-fc.40028/page-6680#post-5730778
Well i was right he improved their defence,he's a quality defender,with Man City from January onwards they had the best defence in the league.

The top CB's in the modern game are all adept in the high line,pace reading anticipation and good on the ball,it's how the game has evolved.

Ramos Boateng Thiago Kompany Pique have been the best CB's the last 10 years and all have/had the qualities above.

Walsh was a idiot singing Keane,Koeman teams all played a high line and compressed teams in their half,it's what his saints side did,for walsh to buy a CB who's was sold by Van Gaal at United who saw his limitations for not playing a high line,his lack of pace being glaring was a laughable signing from walsh.

Keane is a mid table to championship level defender because of his limitations,his concentration and reading of the game to go with his snail's pace being them,the fee was shocking with 1 year left on his contract.

Under Koeman he was awful,under BFS defending the 18 yard line like Dyche's Burnley we saw an improvement,i just don't see him playing under Silva,we will be lucky to recoup half that fee.

Much, much better towards the end of the season. Not a bad player by any stretch, but playing with Martina, Williams and Schneiderlin for most of the season has affected his performances.

Will have a good season next year, I'm sure of that. Partnering him with Holgate could prove fruitful
No, he was still dreadful towards the end of the season. Dreadful against Southampton and West Ham

The new manager and his coaches will bring some preferred team formations with them.
Each of the players will be looked at to see how well they can fit into what is needed.
Keane will be assessed with all the others and in time we will see if he still has a future at the club.
I think what happened in the past under different managers will not be the deciding factor.
There will be winners and losers and probably some surprises for us all.

Fruitful for anyone in a relegation battle cos we'd be joining them!
We need a new proper leader at the back to play alongside holgate, not some manc wet lettuce

The only good games he had all last season were Split at home and Chelsea at home, the latter being your stereotypical Allardyce rearguard snooze fest. Anytime he has been asked to pressure an opponent, he has been woefully exposed.

He also plays like a frightened mouse. Jags may not be your quintessential captain but he is an absolute warrior and there is nothing he wouldn't put his face in front of for the cause. There is none of that in Keane who sometimes looks scared of his own shadow.

I don't know where the club goes from here with this boy. We spent an absolute fortune on him so I don't want to write off an investment like that but I'm unconvinced he has the talent or the mental fortitude to turn this around.

Kroldrup 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.