2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point keeping him in my opinion. He might have decent flat out pace but he’s lacking a quick turn of pace and his reactions are not the fastest. That’s why he gets turned and will continue to do so.
The lack of a turn of speed could be less of an issue if he read the game better and anticipated things better...but he doesn’t.
We’ll lose money on him, but best to cut our losses and move him on.

I’m not writing this lad off yet, he’s had a poor season but I’m confident he can turn it around - with a more settled team, I look forward to him developing a good defensive partnership and performing better. He no doubt has weaknesses but he can work on these and improve.

I’d seen little of him at Burnley, they had a manager that no doubt focused on the defensive unit.

Appreciate he may never become a good player for us but accept he’s not the first or second central defender out the door, don’t feel we need to sell everyone as it’ll generate more problems than it will solve initially. He’s got the season for me to prove himself. x

I’d seen little of him at Burnley, they had a manager that no doubt focused on the defensive unit.

Appreciate he may never become a good player for us but accept he’s not the first or second central defender out the door, don’t feel we need to sell everyone as it’ll generate more problems than it will solve initially. He’s got the season for me to prove himself. x
The same burnley that improved ten fold since they got rid of this lump.

The same burnley that improved ten fold since they got rid of this lump.
I mean by the same logic it could've been that Joey Barton finally left and that's the reason for their improvement.

Or literally everyone else that did well last season doing their utmost to do their worst, but you know, probably all Keane really.

I mean by the same logic it could've been that Joey Barton finally left and that's the reason for their improvement.

Or literally everyone else that did well last season doing their utmost to do their worst, but you know, probably all Keane really.
It's the fact they don't have to play ultra deep and defensive because they're shackled by this slouch.

It's the fact they don't have to play ultra deep and defensive because they're shackled by this slouch.

But Burnley still do that.... I mean. They scored less than us and only conceded 39 all season. All points to being ultra deep and defensive

Plenty of top & even world class centre halves have lacked pace. Puyol or Baressi weren’t the quickest. Part of a fullback’s job is to provide cover.

The problem I see with Keane is he’s not the big dominant (Terry Butcher, Sol Campbell, John Terry) type. Neither is John Stones or was Rio Ferdinand, but they qualities on the ball. Keane appears to neither strong, aggressive or have pace or quality on the ball. Neither a rock or a sweeper.

..but he’s still young. Let’s see what Brands & the new manager make of him.

will have to improve !00% to have a career at are club, lacks aggression , positional sense ,gets turned to easy.
dont know how many times i have seen him and thought what is he doing there.
Might help if we get somebody more vocal next to him week in week out, at present looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights, hopefully he wakes up and starts imposing himself on games or he will get shipped out.

i thought we were buying a player who would be dominant in the air. He seems scared to attack the ball. Massive disappointment

We still have the great Williams and Funes Mori to become the best centre back pair in decades. Let Keane go. (I must make less potent plum gin next year, it might be affecting my judgement?)

Plenty of top & even world class centre halves have lacked pace. Puyol or Baressi weren’t the quickest. Part of a fullback’s job is to provide cover.

The problem I see with Keane is he’s not the big dominant (Terry Butcher, Sol Campbell, John Terry) type. Neither is John Stones or was Rio Ferdinand, but they qualities on the ball. Keane appears to neither strong, aggressive or have pace or quality on the ball. Neither a rock or a sweeper.

..but he’s still young. Let’s see what Brands & the new manager make of him.

He's not that young, should be coming into his peak over next few seasons.
Get rid asap

Status
Not open for further replies.