2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should`ve been out of the door before Mori.

Liability.
Yet he and Jags finished the season strong. I’m not basing judgement on any of our players after last season. Maybe Keane will prove everyone right. Let’s see how he fares with a proper partner (Holgate, etc.)

I hope to god we're not contemplating starting next season with this lamppost at the centre of our defence.
He's too slow , and he reminds me of the Tin-man and the scarecrow rolled into one , no heart and no brain.

I think some of us need to get a grip here.
How many incoming players do you expect, with our other needs and the bloated , overpaid squad ?
There will be a major CB bought , but Keane , Holgate , Jags et al will be it.
Keane needs a chance under the new regime.
The jury might be out , but we will see this season.

I think some of us need to get a grip here.
How many incoming players do you expect, with our other needs and the bloated , overpaid squad ?
There will be a major CB bought , but Keane , Holgate , Jags et al will be it.
Keane needs a chance under the new regime.
The jury might be out , but we will see this season.

Very much this. We’ll have another centre back, holgate, Keane and jags.
If Keane doesn’t prove himself this season then he’ll be gone next summer when jags also goes and someone else will come in.

Hoping last year was mainly down to a crisis of confidence coming into a mess of a team with 3 different managers, no set defensive partner and prob what seemed like a club that's suddenly lost any structure, cant be easy. Tho like i said that is hoping, and after watching him last season i cant say i'm full of confidence myself that he gonna suddenly wow us with his displays. Maybe we need to start inserting sell back clauses on some of our signings, well previous ones anyway.

I don't really rate any of our CB's tbh. Funes Mori was a liability but I'd say he's on a par with and just as clumsy as Williams & Keane.

Whatever we think of Keane we know he will be staying this season (why would anyone want to buy him?) so just have to hope for a miracle that something drastically changes with him. Hopefully Williams will be gone too. Jagielka has been good but his best days are way behind him now but obviously he's staying for this season. I like Holgate he's by no means the finished article still the occasional mistake in him though but I think he should be in the starting 11 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.