2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean like a side of defense?

I don't think it is that big of a deal to have a better side myself. I think if you're beating him with that stick you're actively seeking out sticks to use.

…no, I mean if you start picking players and a strategy to protect him it’s a bit like putting the cart before the horse. You need blend and players who compliment each other, but I’d much prefer a defensive partnership based on athleticism, competitiveness and quality.

i‘m the one who pointed out Keane’s weakness even when he’s playing well. I have a view that PL forwards actually look forward to facing him. Saying that, I’ve also voted for him as MoM on quite a few occasions and I’m not as bothered about getting rid of him as some of his other detractors.

I doubt many would want him and I doubt he’d be in a hurry to leave on his big salary.

…no, I mean if you start picking players and a strategy to protect him it’s a bit like putting the cart before the horse. You need blend and players who compliment each other, but I’d much prefer a defensive partnership based on athleticism, competitiveness and quality.

i‘m the one who pointed out Keane’s weakness even when he’s playing well. I have a view that PL forwards actually look forward to facing him. Saying that, I’ve also voted for him as MoM on quite a few occasions and I’m not as bothered about getting rid of him as some of his other detractors.

I doubt many would want him and I doubt he’d be in a hurry to leave on his big salary.
Oh yeah I get that but I also don't think we're doing that. I get everyone would like to see us play higher up but Keane isn't the only one who is stopping us from doing that.

I can't think of a striker that really torments us aside from Kane and well he's just really good so that is what it is. Even someone like Vardy I can't remember scoring against us recently and he seems perfect for messing with what the perception of Keane seems to be.

Disagree with Keane doing fine after the error...then his 'antics' after were just poor. I understand doing the basics after a mistake but i dont think doing the basics is booting balls out, being out muscled, heading balls out etc.

The error itself is mindblowing and if that hadnt happened but all the other things had i think we'd be saying he had a poor game anyway.

Also, remember he always plays right sided centre back as on the left he loses players and has to turn -- he waddled over to the right even when he was playing on the left...then made the error lol

I wonder why Benitez didnt recognise that from all the footage he must have seen...

Richarlison and Gray is an easy one as Gray is a left winger while Richarlison is an inside forward/centre forward...no clue why Gray was central? Strange choice.

Anyway, hopefully Salford need a centre back and sign Keane.
Agreeing to disagree is what forums are for! Keane at his best is my first-choice center back, but neither Mina, Holgate or Branthwaite are far behind so one more cock-up like that and he can sod it.

I agree that it was an odd choice putting Gray centrally but I wonder if the expectation was that Richarlison would run their young right-back ragged. If so, that sure didn't work out too well. And boy was that dive pitiful, especially since all he had to do was keep running and he'd probably have had an actual penalty claim!

Salford? Stockport County more likely ;)

Disagree with Keane doing fine after the error...then his 'antics' after were just poor. I understand doing the basics after a mistake but i dont think doing the basics is booting balls out, being out muscled, heading balls out etc.

The error itself is mindblowing and if that hadnt happened but all the other things had i think we'd be saying he had a poor game anyway.

Also, remember he always plays right sided centre back as on the left he loses players and has to turn -- he waddled over to the right even when he was playing on the left...then made the error lol

I wonder why Benitez didnt recognise that from all the footage he must have seen...

Richarlison and Gray is an easy one as Gray is a left winger while Richarlison is an inside forward/centre forward...no clue why Gray was central? Strange choice.

Anyway, hopefully Salford need a centre back and sign Keane.
Shut up

You just can't keep making errors leading to goals at this level, you just can't and he does, I have no sympathy for him he hasn't cut mistakes out with age. You can't expect to keep your place never mind international call ups.

….Armstrong ran him ragged just like Vydra did at Goodison last season. He can’t cope when he’s exposed against mobile strikers. He lacks the physicality to match them and the aggression to compete with them.

Besides the mistake, I suggest you watch the match back. There’s one incident in particular in the corner by the church where Armstrong brushes him aside and goes past him. It says everything.
Hey. Yes I watched again and you are right. Lot more mistakes ?

Some absolute know all know nothings on football forums, they can delve in the mental state of footballers by gauging body language, they can see weaknesses in players and decide on what side of defense he can/Can't play on, they can disregard footballers international ones at that on the basis of a mistake.. Democracy is bloody marvellous at times...

Some absolute know all know nothings on football forums, they can delve in the mental state of footballers by gauging body language, they can see weaknesses in players and decide on what side of defense he can/Can't play on, they can disregard footballers international ones at that on the basis of a mistake.. Democracy is bloody marvellous at times...

No, no mate, they`ve watched both series of Mind Hunter and are now working for the FBI as jobbing experts in the field of human behaviour and body language.

That would make sense were it not for the fact that he himself has alluded to a confidence issue first season with us, a lot of examples of playing better on one side of the defense and the fact it isn't on the basis of a(singular) mistake because he has made many in his time with us. Oh and he's no longer an international footballer, probably for the same reasons.

That would make sense were it not for the fact that he himself has alluded to a confidence issue first season with us, a lot of examples of playing better on one side of the defense and the fact it isn't on the basis of a(singular) mistake because he has made many in his time with us. Oh and he's no longer an international footballer, probably for the same reasons.
Again I challenge anyone to tell me how they'd have rather Keane responded Saturday than the way he did. It was a strong showing mentally. He followed a screw up by bearing down and getting the job done. That's exactly what we should want.

You’re so right. I see Rafael was asked about leaders in the team in his most recent interview on the OS. First person he named after Seamus Coleman…Michael Keane. But no, he’s a little timid mouse that wouldn’t say boo to a ghost according some of the experts on here. Carlo liked him as well, when he was fit how many times did he have him sat on the bench? Not many.

Some valid criticism, a lot more absolute rubbish.

Again I challenge anyone to tell me how they'd have rather Keane responded Saturday than the way he did. It was a strong showing mentally. He followed a screw up by bearing down and getting the job done. That's exactly what we should want.
Agree, first half was poorest I can remember him playing for us. Looked all over the shop. People going on like he plays like that every week, just isn’t the case. He did look better second half, as did the team to be fair.

Ideally, I'd like him to have a Kevin Keegan in the bogs at the old Wembley moment.

'I'm out of my depth, lads. I'm going home.'

Far simpler, opposition are instructed to close him down if he tries to come out with ball, as there is a mistake in him every match if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.