2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
That description fits Mina too except for the aggression bit possibly.

Hes just as immobile as Keane is but doesn't cop anywhere near the amount of grief while only being fit half the time.

….there’s a big difference in the ‘competitiveness’ and ’aggression’ descriptor.

I’m a forward going past Keane, he’s always flat to the pitch, like his studs are nailed to the turf. You’re right, Mina is similar but Mina puts a strong arm in front of you or puts his bulk in the way (Godfrey is on record as saying Mina is as strong as an Ox). If that fails, Mina is likely to kick you up in the air. Mina will be in your ear from the first minute of the game.

Keane is different, once your past him he’s out the game. As a striker, you know he won’t hurt you, you want to be up against him.

Again I challenge anyone to tell me how they'd have rather Keane responded Saturday than the way he did. It was a strong showing mentally. He followed a screw up by bearing down and getting the job done. That's exactly what we should want.
Well my response wasn't to what you said and I agree he did get on with it and at least he didn't fall apart completely but, either his concentration or confidence is a recurring issue and it is very costly at this level. Sometimes he has great games sure, but often he is easily rattled and that puts me on edge as a fan so I can only imagine it does the same for his team mates

Well my response wasn't to what you said and I agree he did get on with it and at least he didn't fall apart completely but, either his concentration or confidence is a recurring issue and it is very costly at this level. Sometimes he has great games sure, but often he is easily rattled and that puts me on edge as a fan so I can only imagine it does the same for his team mates
But the problem is we're coming off a game where he was the opposite of easily rattled so why is this coming up?

He was rattled when closed down which is why he made the mistake. Obviously that is why it is coming up!
So every mistake is a player being rattled? Maybe he just got caught, shook it off and played great the rest of the day and it had nothing to do with all these mental angles everyone is trying to take.

So every mistake is a player being rattled? Maybe he just got caught, shook it off and played great the rest of the day and it had nothing to do with all these mental angles everyone is trying to take.
No, not every mistake. That one was though... clear as day he was rattled in the moment

I'm not going to try and convince you but I just think he thought he had another second, didn't, and got caught out.
exactly, rattled once he realised he didn't and kicked the ground because of it. Did he put in a half decent performance after it? Yea. Goals can cost games though and he was bailed out of it. He deserves criticism like every other player. It was a ridiculous mistake for premier league level, you surely can't say otherwise? Thinking he had another second means he has completely underestimated his opponent or completely over estimated his own control and I don't know which one is worse for someone playing his position

exactly, rattled once he realised he didn't and kicked the ground because of it. Did he put in a half decent performance after it? Yea. Goals can cost games though and he was bailed out of it. He deserves criticism like every other player. It was a ridiculous mistake for premier league level, you surely can't say otherwise? Thinking he had another second means he has completely underestimated his opponent or completely over estimated his own control and I don't know which one is worse for someone playing his position
I don't feel the need to make overarching criticisms based on one bad moment that he responded appropriately to, sorry.

I don't feel the need to make overarching criticisms based on one bad moment that he responded appropriately to, sorry.
again. It isn't one bad moment though, there have been many. Plently of people respond well to making a mistake because the fear of making a mistake has dissipated with the mistake itself. I just think he's inconsistent and has been since he joined. I do like the guy but he ended last season with a bad mistake and started this one with a bad mistake. Next time we may only get one goal back and 2pts dropped or no goals back and 3pts lost. He's not first choice for me anyway, but we don't need to agree anyway on that anyway :)

again. It isn't one bad moment though, there have been many. Plently of people respond well to making a mistake because the fear of making a mistake has dissipated with the mistake itself. I just think he's inconsistent and has been since he joined. I do like the guy but he ended last season with a bad mistake and started this one with a bad mistake. Next time we may only get one goal back and 2pts dropped or no goals back and 3pts lost. He's not first choice for me anyway, but we don't need to agree anyway on that anyway :)
If Keane makes too many mistakes we have no good options

Status
Not open for further replies.