2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be more shocked if someone buys him to be honest.
I still think he could be in demand, depends on some other prem teams losing their CB’s. Obviously the price will have changed.

I think we got him for £25mil on a 5 year deal.

So we could sell now at £15mil and breakeven on the books.

Would make sense for FFP purposes as well (if they will be relevant this window).

I think we got him for £25mil on a 5 year deal.

So we could sell now at £15mil and breakeven on the books.

Would make sense for FFP purposes as well (if they will be relevant this window).
In a pre pandemic market Michael Keane would have lots of takers at 15-20m .
What his value is now or that of any player is impossible to know.
I don't see Michael Keane as a player we are anxious to sell. I think we will have Mina, Holgate , Keane and one player that we sign.
I see Gibson going on loan for a full season and then coming back to play in our team if he proves himself. Branthwaite could be ready to play in maybe three years time.

I think this interview should make some reflect on how critical they are of players. We don’t know what goes on behind closed doors and the last thing he needed was people publicly criticising him, especially from the stands during a match.
Spoke well. Nothing wrong with criticising a player not performing who is paid massive amounts of money. Being honest during a match I mostly dont do it. I try to support them. Keane for me has no speed and seems very flaky. Not someone I'd want next to me when the chips are down. Saying that seems a nice guy but Burnley is his level

Would it be wrong to take the spotlight away from him by saying I broke down in tears too watching him? :oops: :p

It is good that he seems a lot a better and knowing there is an issue and admitting it is the first step to actually dealing with the problem. Hopefully he can keep positive and play like we know he can, especially if we have someone quick alongside to take away the elements he isn't great at.

I think this interview should make some reflect on how critical they are of players. We don’t know what goes on behind closed doors and the last thing he needed was people publicly criticising him, especially from the stands during a match.
Nothing wrong with criticising a multi-millionaire footballer for not doing his job and costing us goals. I'm sure the manager points out the mistakes he makes so why can't the fans? I get that some go over the top but nothing wrong with criticising a defender for not defending very well, he's getting paid 50k p/w to do it. He's a really nice fella and I would love for him to come into a bit of form, he's playing better under Ancelotti when he has played but all evidence points to him not being good enough unfortunately.

Nothing wrong with criticising a multi-millionaire footballer for not doing his job and costing us goals. I'm sure the manager points out the mistakes he makes so why can't the fans? I get that some go over the top but nothing wrong with criticising a defender for not defending very well, he's getting paid 50k p/w to do it. He's a really nice fella and I would love for him to come into a bit of form, he's playing better under Ancelotti when he has played but all evidence points to him not being good enough unfortunately.
People are allowed to have an opinion and they're allowed to talk about it, but sending abuse directly at him, acting like he's personally wronged you for not being good enough.... None of that is constructive or going to make him play better. Only helmets do that

People are allowed to have an opinion and they're allowed to talk about it, but sending abuse directly at him, acting like he's personally wronged you for not being good enough.... None of that is constructive or going to make him play better. Only helmets do that
Of course they're absolute gobshites mate

Of course they're absolute gobshites mate
The thing that gets me is that people let their disappointment over a player turn into anger and hate... A bit unnecessary really if they just aren't good enough. It's probably the same for every club, every sport like..

You can say footy players are millionaires so don't feel sorry for them, and that's true... But people watching lower league and non league footy can be the same there with players , people just need to chill a bit imo

Status
Not open for further replies.