2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was hopeless last season, and a complete lost cause.
But he’s definitely been one of our steadier players this year.
Anyone saying otherwise is doing that thing where they have an opinion of a player and heaven forbid they change their minds.

I thought he was hopeless last season, and a complete lost cause.
But he’s definitely been one of our steadier players this year.
Anyone saying otherwise is doing that thing where they have an opinion of a player and heaven forbid they change their minds.
He’s been a lot better, at times he’s looked at 30m CB. At other times, he’s looked like a 5m CB. Another season and more stability, and I think he could become really good - but is still to susceptible to brain farts.

I don't make my judgement on a few games, I have always thought Barclay and Keane were very good players and deserved more praise from our own fans, I know the opposition was weak last night but you can only play what's in front of you. I hope they both go on and make a name for themselves. Show me the player that is not prone to make a mistake every now and again.

I think he's worth sticking with, massive improvement on last season, I have a feeling keane could still turn in to a very good centre back with maturity.

Even the goal last night- how unlucky to have a ball pinged between your legs and fall straight back at the player. I wouldnt even really blame him for that.
I agree with you but if that had happened when playing for us a lot of our fans would have slated him and said he is rubbish, leave him alone.

Is he now worth the money that was paid for him by Walsh/Koeman.
As time goes by we are seeing the players they bought are better than we thought... with the obvious exceptions of Bolasie, Williams and Sandro.

Is he now worth the money that was paid for him by Walsh/Koeman.
As time goes by we are seeing the players they bought are better than we thought... with the obvious exceptions of Bolasie, Williams and Sandro.

.....Klaassen, Pickford, Martina. Tosun was a Walsh purchase. Can only think of Gueye who’s value has definitely increased.

I suspect only his family could suggest Walsh did well.

....mmm, not sure somebody would pay more than £30m for Pickford. We’d have to wait and see what offers come in for the others, but it’s hardly a success when none of them actually play much for us!!
But they have maintained or increased in value at least. I would say that Pickford would not be sold for less than double the price we paid for him. He has had a few rocky moments this season but is still very young, English and first choice international keeper.

As usual it is Evertonians who as usual put least value on their own players.... not saying you are doing that btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.