2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it so weird that people can watch the same player and have such different views on him.

Ive always thought he was decent and he can play the ball out from the back with some quick balls into feet. He had a patchy season last year but I would actually put him as second behind Digne for player of the year so far.

Also maybe because Im not edgy enough to hate on everything that I actually appreciate his value and improvement. @sageyefc is so edgy I bet hes a flat earther.

I hate to say I told you so but last nights game proved it when I said last year to get off the backs of Keane and Barkley but a lot of people ignored me. Barkley should never have left Everton after a few bad games and now Keane is starting to prove himself as well. Some people to quick to criticise, I hope they will have more patience with any new players we might sign for next season.
I think the majority judge Keane from his Everton performances to date, not one game against Montenegro for England B team. His headers for Everton make the ball look like it's been soaked in KY jelly, He's skinned at least once most games by average strikers, His leadership skills are non existent and he always has a mistake in him.

To be honest I could go on. He's marginally improved this year compared to last but that wasn't hard to do.
Unless he finds his 'Burnley form' on a consistent basis he surely can't be good enough for Everton from what we have seen to date ?

I just find it so weird that people can watch the same player and have such different views on him.

Ive always thought he was decent and he can play the ball out from the back with some quick balls into feet. He had a patchy season last year but I would actually put him as second behind Digne for player of the year so far.

Also maybe because Im not edgy enough to hate on everything that I actually appreciate his value and improvement. @sageyefc is so edgy I bet hes a flat earther.

Crying

Thing is i think a lot of them who knock him for the sake of it dont actually watch him, they either wait for a mistake, pin team errors on him or just look at the score line. Im sure there have been goals this season that some have said were his fault on this thread, while next moving over to the Pickford thread and also saying the goal was his fault as well, thats how irrational they are at times

His boss, and this pic proves it

10524500-6766429-image-a-33_1551634759249.jpg

....terrific tackle. I’m reminded of many more occasions when it looks like he’s wearing lead boots.

I was thinking about Keane playing for England the other night and casting my mind back to John Hurst. John Hurst was a great Everton CB for a long period of time and was part of arguably the best ever Everton team that won the title in 1970. Keane couldn’t lace Hurst’s boots. Hurst was mobile and very good in possssion of a football. Hurst also contributed a very useful quota of goals.

Hurst never played for England. I’m not blaming Keane for being selected, but like so many footballers he’s very fortunate to be playing in the modern era. I think he’s very ordinary.

Last edited:
Thing is i think a lot of them who knock him for the sake of it dont actually watch him, they either wait for a mistake, pin team errors on him or just look at the score line. Im sure there have been goals this season that some have said were his fault on this thread, while next moving over to the Pickford thread and also saying the goal was his fault as well, thats how irrational they are at times

Even the goal last night- how unlucky to have a ball pinged between your legs and fall straight back at the player. I wouldnt even really blame him for that.

I think he's unironically our level, I don't hate him, he can be good but he's also got a couple of mistakes in him, Do love them long leggy last ditch tackles though.
It's a funny one Keane, No one would buy him anyway if he wanted to sell him.
He's a bloody nervous wreck around anyone with a bit of pace though which is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.