McNulty has spoken

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Moyes see poor man's Jose! Not the man for todays game. And I was a big fan of what he did on that budget. Greatest respect.
[QUOTE="Rob17896, post: 7352072, member: 367
Poor man's Jose might be an accurate description but any association with Jose would do me in the present situation

20191018221355.jpg

McNulty’s as a journalist is certainly respected, nothing against the bloke but I question the timing and leverage his thoughts have on the current situation. Everton do my head in, they do your head in but tomorrow is a huge game for us......it’s easy pointing out the faults of what’s gone wrong. There are loads, couldn’t be bothered discussing the merits of these.

It’s backs against the wall stuff, in the bottom three, spent millions (again), look clueless and the vultures are helpfully telling us what has gone wrong. I remember Wimbledon 1994 when there was very little to cheer about, the team were shocking and performances embarrassing. Night before the game, the local papers were al about spirit and determination - probably and I agree it was too much, the opposition s coach was subject to an arson attack.

Now I’m not saying this team is abject as that one, but my point is the support for the team came as an avalanche at the last minute. This team....and this manager....have problems, but they also need support. Articles like this on the eve of a poxy dinner time kick off after an international week don’t exactly help. Stating the obvious that his job is under threat wouldn’t sell much copy in our house...tell me something I don’t know. I want a win tomorrow, badly.....I don’t care how it comes.....but I want us to win. For once, see it how it is and look at the wider picture....a win tomorrow and another chance for Silva is much more preferable to a repeat of last year and a circus surrounding managerial options. There is no immediate fix here, no magic waiting in the wings.....it’s over to Silva and a hugely disappointing first team to change our fortunes, but what I do accept is that encouragement and positivity before what has become a huge can go a long way to helping team performance. You can tell I’m trying, if not crying in some kind of result tomorrow.

McNulty’s as a journalist is certainly respected, nothing against the bloke but I question the timing and leverage his thoughts have on the current situation. Everton do my head in, they do your head in but tomorrow is a huge game for us......it’s easy pointing out the faults of what’s gone wrong. There are loads, couldn’t be bothered discussing the merits of these.

It’s backs against the wall stuff, in the bottom three, spent millions (again), look clueless and the vultures are helpfully telling us what has gone wrong. I remember Wimbledon 1994 when there was very little to cheer about, the team were shocking and performances embarrassing. Night before the game, the local papers were al about spirit and determination - probably and I agree it was too much, the opposition s coach was subject to an arson attack.

Now I’m not saying this team is abject as that one, but my point is the support for the team came as an avalanche at the last minute. This team....and this manager....have problems, but they also need support. Articles like this on the eve of a poxy dinner time kick off after an international week don’t exactly help. Stating the obvious that his job is under threat wouldn’t sell much copy in our house...tell me something I don’t know. I want a win tomorrow, badly.....I don’t care how it comes.....but I want us to win. For once, see it how it is and look at the wider picture....a win tomorrow and another chance for Silva is much more preferable to a repeat of last year and a circus surrounding managerial options. There is no immediate fix here, no magic waiting in the wings.....it’s over to Silva and a hugely disappointing first team to change our fortunes, but what I do accept is that encouragement and positivity before what has become a huge can go a long way to helping team performance. You can tell I’m trying, if not crying in some kind of result tomorrow.
I remember McNulty's column in the Echo the Thursday or Friday before the Coventry last game of the season when we needed to stay up. In it he was obliterating Duncan Ferguson and asking where his leadership was. Now, I've got little regard for the galoot myself, but that column he did was basically done to poison the well on the eve of a crucial game in the club's history.

He is a 'kin rat of the worst order. McNulty hounded Joe Royle out of a job (something Big Joe underlined in his biography). He's since then undermined at least two other managers that I can think of.

He's a disgrace and should never be listened to.

I remember McNulty's column in the Echo the Thursday or Friday before the Coventry last game of the season when we needed to stay up. In it he was obliterating Duncan Ferguson and asking where his leadership was. Now, I've got little regard for the galoot myself, but that column he did was basically done to poison the well on the eve of a crucial game in the club's history.

He is a 'kin rat of the worst order. McNulty hounded Joe Royle out of a job (something Big Joe underlined in his biography). He's since then undermined at least two other managers that I can think of.

He's a disgrace and should never be listened to.

I hear you. Royle will never forgive him for the negativity and lack of understanding of the facts - we were top six before Xmas - but lost key players throughout the spine of the team through injury with a lack of squad depth, leading to the Bradford debacle. Fair point and it seems history is repeating itself here. A fair reminder of past articles.....I had forgotten that, your point is well made.

Status
Not open for further replies.