May to September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebab

Player Valuation: £8m
These are the months that I really hate.

The 09/10 season only finished 3 days ago and I am already deflated, lost without the buzz and expectation of a forthcoming game. It's going to be three long months until I can watch my beloved blues kick a competetive ball again and even when that first whistle blows to mark the start of our new campaign, I still won't be completely satisfied. I won't be fine again until that transfer window slams shut.

I like to think that I'm a rational, level-headed kinda girl (most of the time). I'm fully aware of the financial constraints that our club has to work within and that because of this most (if not all) of our dealings will be done within the final days of the window - including any sales as we always try and hold out for the highest price.

So, basically, just sit back, enjoy the summer, ignore all the rumours and see what's what on September the first - simples!

Only, it's not simples. Not for me.

In the winter some people suffer from S.A.D, in the summer I suffer from E.N.A - Everton News Addiction. I need to know every little scrap of Everton related news that there is. I can't stop reading it. I'll trawl the web for hours and hours trying to find any morsel I can - like a crazed teenage girl who plasters her room in posters and buys every magazine that has her favourite boy-band in.

Obscure rumours and ludicrus player links, what the new kit will look like, pre-season training camp pictures, alleged "ITK's" with such classics as "...and he was with a bloke in an Everton tracksuit.." - it's all utter crap and I know it's utter crap but I still have this compulsion to read it just incase an ounce of truth actually manages to sneak through with any of it!!!!

The rational side of me says "Chill out, whatever happens you'll find out eventually, one way or another. Now leave that computer alone and go and enjoy a good film."

The crazy bitch side of me says " Anything could've happened in the last ten minutes! We could've been bought by the world's richest man and Moyes' gone on a mad spending spree - and you're watching a film??? Get on the forums, get on Newsnow and when you've read all that REFRESH, REFRESH, REFRESH!!!"

And like George Best reaching for a bottle of Glenfidditch - 'you know you really shouldn't' - I reach for my keyboard - 'a little bit more won't hurt!' The crazy bitch side has won again, my summer of torture will continue. I'll read and wait and refresh, read, wait and refresh until midnight on August 31st.

It's my O.C.D. It's my teenage celebrity crush. It's my addiction. It's my Everton!

Good post mate!

Its ace on here in the summer, everyones all huggy bear untill the last week of June and we havnt signed anyone or Spurs drop 15 mill on a player, which ever comes first - then its Blitzkrieg and a chorus of Kenwrongs followed by comments like "id take Kevin Prince Boetang".

Somehow lsat season we mangaed to talk ourselves from the ultimate high of Europe and an FA Cup final to utter depression come Aug.

Last edited:
You'd think that with all the anxiety we put ourselves through throughout the season that we would use the summer as a welcome break to relax and restore some normality to our blood pressure but nope, I just can't help building myself up and knocking myself straight back down again with some of the stuff I allowed myself to get sucked into in the close season. Absolute bloody masochism!

You'd think that with all the anxiety we put ourselves through throughout the season that we would use the summer as a welcome break to relax and restore some normality to our blood pressure but nope, I just can't help building myself up and knocking myself straight back down again with some of the stuff I allowed myself to get sucked into in the close season. Absolute bloody masochism!

Two rules my Friend beleive the opposite of anything the daily mails tells you (posted links are to be abused at leisure) and Tribal football is probably evil - there are support groups for people who have been through the expierence.

* P.S. Go on holiday you can be 100% sure Everton will sign someone when your the furthest away from any translatable accessable media.

Last edited:
Two rules my Friend beleive the opposite of anything the daily mails tells you (posted links are to be abused at leisure) and Tribal football is probably eviel - there are support groups for people who have been through the expierence.

* P.S. Go on holiday you can be 100% sure Everton will sign someone when your the furthest away from any translatable accessable media.

lol - noted!

Don't care what the press say.

Don't care what websites say.

Don't care what the players say.

Don't care what Moyes says.

Don't care what Kenwright says.

Only care what happens when it happens.

Good post bluebabe. All you need to read are LCAB's pm's to get the news.

Do you also do this for your Seahawks?

Don't care what the press say.

Don't care what websites say.

Don't care what the players say.

Don't care what Moyes says.

Don't care what Kenwright says.

Only care what happens when it happens.

That's generally my self-help mantra throughout May but then by June I start to cave and ' innocently ' just check out alittle Youtube footage of someone linked and.......BOOM! I'm back to crazy bitch land!

Good post bluebabe. All you need to read are LCAB's pm's to get the news.

Do you also do this for your Seahawks?

Cheers Spikester! This is the reason I purposely don't do the same with the Seahawks, it's crazy enough for three months with soccer, if I allowed myself to get as manic with NFL, from January til August, I feel I may end up doing myself some damage! Haha!

In the past the rumours have taking over my holidays away with the family, spending the day reading every English paper I could get my hands, looking for internet cafes to keep up with news and calling home every day asking friends and family if anything has happened.

This year I wont worry about who we are signing until the 31st August.

In the past the rumours have taking over my holidays away with the family, spending the day reading every English paper I could get my hands, looking for internet cafes to keep up with news and calling home every day asking friends and family if anything has happened.

This too, is something I have been guilty of.

This year I wont worry about who we are signing until the 31st August.

Let me know how you get on, it may give me hope for next year!

Cheers Spikester! This is the reason I purposely don't do the same with the Seahawks, it's crazy enough for three months with soccer, if I allowed myself to get as manic with NFL, from January til August, I feel I may end up doing myself some damage! Haha!

The NFL offseason is aweful. But at least I have the Capitals, Everton, and Dc United to watch during the first half of the offseason to take my mind off the skins. But then from about now to the end of august, I have 3 of those teams to think about.

That would be a meltdown for me Spikester, if I was to follow three different teams' progress (or lack of it) I would have to quit work and everything just to have a chance to keep up!!

These are the months that I really hate.

The 09/10 season only finished 3 days ago and I am already deflated, lost without the buzz and expectation of a forthcoming game. It's going to be three long months until I can watch my beloved blues kick a competetive ball again and even when that first whistle blows to mark the start of our new campaign, I still won't be completely satisfied. I won't be fine again until that transfer window slams shut.

I like to think that I'm a rational, level-headed kinda girl (most of the time). I'm fully aware of the financial constraints that our club has to work within and that because of this most (if not all) of our dealings will be done within the final days of the window - including any sales as we always try and hold out for the highest price.

So, basically, just sit back, enjoy the summer, ignore all the rumours and see what's what on September the first - simples!

Only, it's not simples. Not for me.

In the winter some people suffer from S.A.D, in the summer I suffer from E.N.A - Everton News Addiction. I need to know every little scrap of Everton related news that there is. I can't stop reading it. I'll trawl the web for hours and hours trying to find any morsel I can - like a crazed teenage girl who plasters her room in posters and buys every magazine that has her favourite boy-band in.

Obscure rumours and ludicrus player links, what the new kit will look like, pre-season training camp pictures, alleged "ITK's" with such classics as "...and he was with a bloke in an Everton tracksuit.." - it's all utter crap and I know it's utter crap but I still have this compulsion to read it just incase an ounce of truth actually manages to sneak through with any of it!!!!

The rational side of me says "Chill out, whatever happens you'll find out eventually, one way or another. Now leave that computer alone and go and enjoy a good film."

The crazy bitch side of me says " Anything could've happened in the last ten minutes! We could've been bought by the world's richest man and Moyes' gone on a mad spending spree - and you're watching a film??? Get on the forums, get on Newsnow and when you've read all that REFRESH, REFRESH, REFRESH!!!"

And like George Best reaching for a bottle of Glenfidditch - 'you know you really shouldn't' - I reach for my keyboard - 'a little bit more won't hurt!' The crazy bitch side has won again, my summer of torture will continue. I'll read and wait and refresh, read, wait and refresh until midnight on August 31st.

It's my O.C.D. It's my teenage celebrity crush. It's my addiction. It's my Everton!

Top Post , as usual , L.C.A.Bab .

I get it . Honest .

However , content yourself in the knowledge , that , a ; we are quite decent now , b; even bad news will be countered by relatively good - with us now being half decent , c; Ill let you know if I hear anything , d ; Its a World Cup Summer , and e ; tenuous , granted , but .. this winter is an Ashes Winter , an' we get to buzz off the McBillabonga's !!!

Its not ALL bad .

Honest .

Good post mate!

Its ace on here in the summer, everyones all huggy bear untill the last week of June and we havnt signed anyone or Spurs drop 15 mill on a player, which ever comes first - then its Blitzkrieg and a chorus of Kenwrongs followed by comments like "id take Kevin Prince Boetang".

Somehow lsat season we mangaed to talk ourselves from the ultimate high of Europe and an FA Cup final to utter depression come Aug.
Oh so very much this.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.