Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the highlights of Norwich against Birmingham yesterday. He doesn't make an appearance.
Thankfully the scouting set-up probably does a bit more work than this.

You don't watch the game when scouting a player. You watch the player. That's why they still go to the ground rather than just settle on the couch with the highlights and a Youtube compilation.

....from what I’ve seen, his shirt wouldn’t go over Godfrey’s head. Little fella but he’s rapid like Godfrey.

To be fair, I'm not wholly convinced on him, certainly at the prices being mentioned. That being said I might have said similar about Godfrey. He's 21 and got great experience. He is also, as you say, absolutely rapid. Whoever is scouting and coaching at Norwich deserves enormous credit, as they really seem clued on as to what top teams are after (which is normally exceptional athletic ability).

He's definitely got that and it probably leads teams to feel that even if there are other deficincies there is plenty of raw material to work with.

It would be a hard sell not to go to Bayern but all you can say, is if he came here over say Bayern or United he would be 1st choice here whereas may not play as often, which would harm development. He must also see Godfrey, and how he just keep getting better and it be a consideration.

My gut feeling is Brands likes him, but there is a difference in terms of how each club values him.

To be fair, I'm not wholly convinced on him, certainly at the prices being mentioned. That being said I might have said similar about Godfrey. He's 21 and got great experience. He is also, as you say, absolutely rapid. Whoever is scouting and coaching at Norwich deserves enormous credit, as they really seem clued on as to what top teams are after (which is normally exceptional athletic ability).

He's definitely got that and it probably leads teams to feel that even if there are other deficincies there is plenty of raw material to work with.

It would be a hard sell not to go to Bayern but all you can say, is if he came here over say Bayern or United he would be 1st choice here whereas may not play as often, which would harm development. He must also see Godfrey, and how he just keep getting better and it be a consideration.

My gut feeling is Brands likes him, but there is a difference in terms of how each club values him.

Any players you'd prefer?

@Old Norwich get in here fella.
Thanks for the invite.

Is Aarons worth the transfer fee of around 30 million plus being reported? Probably not, but if an auction develops, who knows?

He is improving, no doubt helped by plenty of game time right now. Possibly too much game time...last night was his 32nd league game of the season and he has played virtually every minute of those games.

I suppose such players will show further improvement when they play in better teams and you may think that is what is happening with Godfrey. There are plenty of decent young players around in the Championship who would be worthy additions to a Premier League squad.

In today’s transfer market, you guys have ‘stolen’ Godfrey at 20-25 million. In my opinion, Newcastle overpaid for Jamal Lewis at 15 million. I would rank Aarons somewhere in between but rebasing Godfrey‘s figure higher and Lewis’s lower.

So probably no more than 20?

P.S - Personally, since I have seen him mentioned on here, I wouldn’t value Cantwell any higher than Lewis.

Thanks for the invite.

Is Aarons worth the transfer fee of around 30 million plus being reported? Probably not, but if an auction develops, who knows?

He is improving, no doubt helped by plenty of game time right now. Possibly too much game time...last night was his 32nd league game of the season and he has played virtually every minute of those games.

I suppose such players will show further improvement when they play in better teams and you may think that is what is happening with Godfrey. There are plenty of decent young players around in the Championship who would be worthy additions to a Premier League squad.

In today’s transfer market, you guys have ‘stolen’ Godfrey at 20-25 million. In my opinion, Newcastle overpaid for Jamal Lewis at 15 million. I would rank Aarons somewhere in between but rebasing Godfrey‘s figure higher and Lewis’s lower.

P.S - Personally, since I have seen him mentioned on here, I wouldn’t value Cantwell any higher than Lewis.
If as anticipated you get promoted would Delia sell him ?

Any players you'd prefer?

To be honest I'm not sure. There's a lad at Napoli (Husaj) who's contract is running down, who would probably be available for a lot less than 35m and is probably a more advanced all round right back.

I do think prices will drop this summer, but you will need to isolate the right sectors. Players of the right age, cliubs under financial pressure, players with ideally 12- if not 24 months on a contract. I think there will still be some bargains to be had.

I think we can make 60m stretch, but tying 30 up in Aarons I'm not sure about. I'm also not convicned Norwich will have much reason to reduce the fee.

Like take Sarr for example, if Watford don't come up, he will be going. You may be able to pick him up for 15-20m which would seem a great price to me (appreciate he's not a right back, but the point stands).

Thanks for the invite.

Just a bloody bit haha - thanks! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.